Old August 8th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Uses for plastic caulking tubes

I am doing a lot of caulking lately and it seems a shame to discard
the used plastic tubes.

Any ideas as to how to reuse them?

Thanks

TMT

Old August 8th 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 7, 9:08*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I am doing a lot of caulking lately and it seems a shame to discard
the used plastic tubes.

Any ideas as to how to reuse them?

Thanks

TMT

Most recycling programs would take the plastic. But you have to clean
them first.

Old August 8th 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

8th pic on this page..... http://thereifixedit.com/page/2/

Last pic on this page..... http://thereifixedit.com/page/9/

Sonny

Old August 8th 09, 06:22 AM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
I am doing a lot of caulking lately and it seems a shame to discard
the used plastic tubes.

Any ideas as to how to reuse them?

Thanks

TMT

Stick some batteries in them and give them to your moms (both of them) as
birthday presents. They will think you gave them new dildos.

Old August 8th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Most recycling programs would take the plastic. But you have to clean
them first.

The local landfill outright rejects them if they see them in a load of
construction debris. If they see several, they will reject the entire
load.

Ron
Old August 8th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

RonB wrote:

Most recycling programs would take the plastic. But you have to clean
them first.

The local landfill outright rejects them if they see them in a load of
construction debris. If they see several, they will reject the entire
load.

Ron

You know things have gone too far when the dump starts getting picky about
what it will take.

Rob Leatham
Old August 9th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 13:04:38 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

RonB wrote:

Most recycling programs would take the plastic. But you have to clean
them first.

The local landfill outright rejects them if they see them in a load of
construction debris. If they see several, they will reject the entire
load.

Ron

You know things have gone too far when the dump starts getting picky about
what it will take.

Our recycle program requires washing of items before setting them out.
I do not recycle, but I do conserve and re-use.
Old August 9th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
I am doing a lot of caulking lately and it seems a shame to discard
the used plastic tubes.

Any ideas as to how to reuse them?

Give them a really good washout and reload them with peanut butter. This
would save time washing the knife when preparing your lunch.

Old August 10th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita writes:
RonB wrote:

Most recycling programs would take the plastic. But you have to clean
them first.

The local landfill outright rejects them if they see them in a load of
construction debris. If they see several, they will reject the entire
load.

Ron

You know things have gone too far when the dump starts getting picky about
what it will take.

You mean like:

- won't take medical waste?
- won't take toxic chemicals?
- won't take radioactive materials?

Don't you support businesses making their own decisions (the landfill is a
business, too)?