DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   source for black border inlay (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/283605-source-black-border-inlay.html)

Fred August 2nd 09 08:37 PM

source for black border inlay

Does anyone know of a source for border inlay? I need some black
strips, 1/8" x 1/8", any length, preferably 36" or so. I have
previously purchased these from Dover Inlays, but they are now out of
business.

RonB[_2_] August 2nd 09 09:20 PM

On Aug 2, 2:37*pm, Fred wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for border inlay? I need some black
strips, 1/8" x 1/8", any length, preferably 36" or so. I have
previously purchased these from Dover Inlays, but they are now out of
business.

Might try Grizzly. Their president is a guitar builder and they have
started selling specialty inlays and other items during the past few
years. Don't know about black but they might be worth a look. I have
seen inlay in their Springfield store and this will get you to the
general area of their catalog:

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2009/Main/392

RonB

Paul Franklin[_2_] August 3rd 09 01:46 AM

source for black border inlay

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:37:22 -0700 (PDT), Fred
wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for border inlay? I need some black
strips, 1/8" x 1/8", any length, preferably 36" or so. I have
previously purchased these from Dover Inlays, but they are now out of
business.

Constantine's has thinner black inlay, does it have to be 1/8 thick?
or can you build it up?

http://www.constantines.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1239

Another option depending on the application is to use black
epoxy..pour it in, slightly overfilling, let it set, scrape it flush.
Once of the TV WW shows demonstrated that on a project.

Paul F.

hank August 3rd 09 05:35 PM

source for black border inlay

www.veneerinlays.com