Guy LaRochelle

Default I need a new saw blade for my mitre saw?

Hi,

As I said, I need a new blade for my miter saw. I was thinking of a Forest
Woodworker II but then I thought maybe there is better blades for
crosscutting. Would I be better to have a thinner blade with 80 teeth? Can
anyone recommend a good crosscut blade for these saws? My local tool
supplier handles the Dimar Woodpecker and the CMT which are fairly expensive
blades. Regards. -Guy

DJ Delorie

"Guy LaRochelle" writes:
I was thinking of a Forest Woodworker II

Not the Forrest Chopmaster? It's designed specifically for miter
saws.

http://www.forrestsawblades.com/chopmaster.htm
Rich Stern

Can
anyone recommend a good crosscut blade for these saws

I use an Freud 80 tooth crosscut blade (regular kerf) and it is excellent.
Delivers incredibly smooth cuts in hard or soft wood. A little less pricey
than a WWII.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Rich Stern" wrote in message

I use an Freud 80 tooth crosscut blade (regular kerf) and it is excellent.
Delivers incredibly smooth cuts in hard or soft wood. A little less

pricey
than a WWII.

Hey, I have one of them also. Was about $50 or less. They have some new
blades for cross cutting since I bought mine a couple of years ago. The
Ultimate Cut off blades is about $69.
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=909-737
--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Tom

Also the 12 inch DeWalt woodworking mitre saw blade (US$ 80) cuts well.Tom
Someday, it'll all be over....

Doug Miller

In article , "Guy LaRochelle" wrote:
Hi,

As I said, I need a new blade for my miter saw. I was thinking of a Forest
Woodworker II but then I thought maybe there is better blades for
crosscutting. Would I be better to have a thinner blade with 80 teeth? Can
anyone recommend a good crosscut blade for these saws? My local tool
supplier handles the Dimar Woodpecker and the CMT which are fairly expensive
blades. Regards. -Guy

You don't want a Woodworker II for a miter saw. Forrest blades are great, but
for a miter saw, you should be using either the Woodworker I or the
Chopmaster. The WW II (30 or 40 teeth) is intended for table saws. For a miter
saw, you want something with more teeth.

--
Regards,
Doug Miller

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
email me at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Guy LaRochelle

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Have you guys heard anything about those CMT or
Dimar blades? The reason I ask is they are readily available to me.
Regards. -Guy

"Bob Mejerle" wrote in message
Guy,

I've been using the Forrest Chopmaster with good results.

Regards,

Bob

"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message
Hi,

As I said, I need a new blade for my miter saw. I was thinking of a

Forest
Woodworker II but then I thought maybe there is better blades for
crosscutting. Would I be better to have a thinner blade with 80 teeth?

Can
anyone recommend a good crosscut blade for these saws? My local tool
supplier handles the Dimar Woodpecker and the CMT which are fairly

expensive
blades. Regards. -Guy

Duane

I have the chopmaster on my dewalt sliding cms. I is ok, but I would not
spend the money again for one. I don't see enough of an improvemnt over the
included blade to justiify the cost.

Duane

Bruce

In rec.woodworking
"Duane" wrote:

I have the chopmaster on my dewalt sliding cms. I is ok, but I would not
spend the money again for one. I don't see enough of an improvemnt over the
included blade to justiify the cost.

I'm happy with the 12" Dewalt from the borg. It was a 2 pack with a 32
tooth and an 80 tooth for around $60. I have never used the 32 tooth but
would if I was doing a deck or something. The 80 tooth cuts endgrain as
smooth as my Forrest WWII rips. I'm really pleased with it. The only
complaint is that the yellow coating comes off onto the wood for the first
couple dozen cuts.

Steve Knight

I use an Freud 80 tooth crosscut blade (regular kerf) and it is excellent.
Delivers incredibly smooth cuts in hard or soft wood. A little less pricey
than a WWII.

that's not a bad blade I used it a lot. but when I got the forrest blade it blew
it away. a smoother more accurate cut and a faster cut too with less effort.
don't get a thin kerf blade.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Ron

I use an Freud 80 tooth crosscut blade (regular kerf) and it is

excellent.
Delivers incredibly smooth cuts in hard or soft wood. A little less

pricey
than a WWII.

that's not a bad blade I used it a lot. but when I got the forrest blade

it blew
it away. a smoother more accurate cut and a faster cut too with less

effort.
don't get a thin kerf blade.

What is wrong with a thin kerf blade?

I've been using a Freud Diablo 60 tooth thin kerf blade in my CMS for the
past
several months with great results.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ron" wrote in message
What is wrong with a thin kerf blade?

I've been using a Freud Diablo 60 tooth thin kerf blade in my CMS for the
past
several months with great results.

If it works for you, great. Thin kerf blades are more prone to warp or flex
when making a cut.
Ed

Steve Knight

I've been using a Freud Diablo 60 tooth thin kerf blade in my CMS for the
past
several months with great results.

it flexes and you don't get a nice square cut. cut some tropical woods at
different angles then see if the cut is flat. even my forrest is not totally
perfect but far better then any thin kerf.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes