DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What model of unisaw is this? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/280640-what-model-unisaw.html)

Aaron Fude June 19th 09 05:36 PM

What model of unisaw is this?

Hi,

I'm considering buying this unisaw out of someone's storage unit. The
seller is not there to give me the model number so I'm trying to
determine the model of this unisaw. I would appreciate if someone is
able to tell me the model of this saw.

http://freeboundaries.com/unisaw.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron

dpb June 19th 09 06:30 PM

What model of unisaw is this?

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm considering buying this unisaw out of someone's storage unit. The
seller is not there to give me the model number so I'm trying to
determine the model of this unisaw. I would appreciate if someone is
able to tell me the model of this saw.

http://freeboundaries.com/unisaw.jpg

Insufficient data -- can't tell details from cabinet style alone and
resolution is too low to expand the image sufficiently to even clearly
read what is observable (at least w/ my eyes and monitor).

If can't inspect, unless it's priced so cheaply can't go wrong even if
it isn't all there/functional/etc., may want to pass unless owner can
add info more than just that photo.

SonomaProducts.com June 19th 09 06:47 PM

What model of unisaw is this?

All I can tell is that it is a "right tilt" model which is less
desirable but still likely a nice saw. Right tilt means that bevel
cuts have the blade layed over towards the fence when used in the most
common configuration with the fence to the right of the blade.
Therefore you are somewhat limited as to how narrow of a bevel cut you
can make and you have added kickback danger from blade\fence pinch.

Leon June 19th 09 06:53 PM

What model of unisaw is this?

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm considering buying this unisaw out of someone's storage unit. The
seller is not there to give me the model number so I'm trying to
determine the model of this unisaw. I would appreciate if someone is
able to tell me the model of this saw.

http://freeboundaries.com/unisaw.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron

It appears to be missing the fence, right extension table, and who knows
what else. BE SURE to look at it and insure the trunion is not broken.
About 10 years ago Delta was having problems with broken trunions, for what
ever reason.

Swingman June 19th 09 10:42 PM

What model of unisaw is this?

Leon wrote:
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm considering buying this unisaw out of someone's storage unit. The
seller is not there to give me the model number so I'm trying to
determine the model of this unisaw. I would appreciate if someone is
able to tell me the model of this saw.

http://freeboundaries.com/unisaw.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron

It appears to be missing the fence, right extension table, and who knows
what else. BE SURE to look at it and insure the trunion is not broken.
About 10 years ago Delta was having problems with broken trunions, for what
ever reason.

Hard to tell, but it looks like a 36-732, which was RT and had a metal
motor cover.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Swingman June 19th 09 10:47 PM

What model of unisaw is this?

Swingman wrote:
Leon wrote:
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm considering buying this unisaw out of someone's storage unit. The
seller is not there to give me the model number so I'm trying to
determine the model of this unisaw. I would appreciate if someone is
able to tell me the model of this saw.

http://freeboundaries.com/unisaw.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron

It appears to be missing the fence, right extension table, and who
knows what else. BE SURE to look at it and insure the trunion is not
broken. About 10 years ago Delta was having problems with broken
trunions, for what ever reason.

Hard to tell, but it looks like a 36-732, which was RT and had a metal
motor cover.

... or 731:

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-b...i/delta/36-731

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Leon June 20th 09 04:53 AM

What model of unisaw is this?

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
It appears to be missing the fence, right extension table, and who knows
what else. BE SURE to look at it and insure the trunion is not broken.
About 10 years ago Delta was having problems with broken trunions, for

what
ever reason.

I'm guessing he's not right in the area to have a look at it. Otherwise,
he'd be able to get the model / serial and test it's relative
functionality.

I'm thinking that he should go see it before pulling the trigger, I'd
certainly not buy it sight unseen.