DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Are cyanoacrylates all created equal? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/280609-re-cyanoacrylates-all-created-equal.html)

Doug Miller June 19th 09 02:31 AM

Are cyanoacrylates all created equal?

In article , Jay Pique wrote:
I'm curious about superglues - are they pretty much all the same? I
really love them for quick fixes in the shop. And what about the
accelerator - is it really just acetone? Anyone have any info?

Rockler's accelerator, at least, is not acetone. I checked on that a year or
two back. All I can remember any more is that it's a fluorinated hydrocarbon
of some sort, and that I found out what it is by Googling for the MSDS.

Leon June 19th 09 03:09 AM

Are cyanoacrylates all created equal?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article
, Jay
Pique wrote:
I'm curious about superglues - are they pretty much all the same? I
really love them for quick fixes in the shop. And what about the
accelerator - is it really just acetone? Anyone have any info?

Rockler's accelerator, at least, is not acetone. I checked on that a year
or
two back. All I can remember any more is that it's a fluorinated
hydrocarbon
of some sort, and that I found out what it is by Googling for the MSDS.

I seriously doubt that acetone is an accelerator, I use acetone to remove
Super Glue before it cures and after.

Dave[_36_] June 19th 09 03:50 AM

Are cyanoacrylates all created equal?

I think the accelerator is trichloreythelene.

signature database 4169 (20090619) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4169 (20090619) __________

http://www.eset.com