DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   airless spraying (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/278335-airless-spraying.html)

Tom Watson May 20th 09 12:40 AM

airless spraying

many thanks to rob for his info.
this thing lays down more material more quickly than anything i've
ever used.
I have learned a few things while using it.
using the tip specified by the coatings manufacturer results in way
more material flow than I can keep up with. I got serious runs using
the 0.17 tip for exterior latex. too old to move that fast. I guess.
had better results with the 0.1f tip. i'm seriusly impressed with
this unit. I used to try thinning the material to spray with my hvlp
unit snd the results were not optimal.
this thing doesn't even break a sweat pushing unthinned latex through
a tip one size smaller than spec and the valspar paint that i'm using
lays and levels perfectly.

TD Driver[_3_] May 21st 09 12:40 AM

airless spraying

Tom ...

I remember your earlier posts, but can't recall which model you settled
on. With this review, I'm gonna get one as I have a two-story home to
paint this summer. Now if I can just talk the bride into letting me buy
a cherry picker G.

Larry