Bill

Default Central Machinery 17" bandsaw

Has anyone owned, used, seen or heard comments relating to this Central
Machinery 17" Band Saw ?

The local HF store does not carry one, and I'd like to know more about it.
It looks an awful lot like the Grizzly G0513. I'm hoping they'll put it on
sale like their other items.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3179

Groggy

Bill, check my website for detailed pics and comments. I am still happy with
mine and do not regret the purchase in any way.

http://woodworking.homeip.net/home

Greg

"Bill @theeverettes.com" billspam wrote in message
news
Has anyone owned, used, seen or heard comments relating to this Central
Machinery 17" Band Saw ?

The local HF store does not carry one, and I'd like to know more about it.
It looks an awful lot like the Grizzly G0513. I'm hoping they'll put it on
sale like their other items.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3179

Groggy

Gack!

Try http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood instead.

sorry,

Greg

Stephen M

Although the blue paint is quite fetching, I would not go there.... It does
look identical, and it probably is, but my experience with HF tech support
failed me and never was able to give me a working wiring diagram for my CM
jointer.

The G0513 is $50 cheaper and even if their QA is so so, their support has a
pretty good reputation here.

What would be the advantage of buying the HF tool?

"Bill @theeverettes.com" billspam wrote in message
news
Has anyone owned, used, seen or heard comments relating to this Central
Machinery 17" Band Saw ?

The local HF store does not carry one, and I'd like to know more about it.
It looks an awful lot like the Grizzly G0513. I'm hoping they'll put it on
sale like their other items.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3179

Bill

I said "I'm hoping they'll put it on sale like their other good items."

Imagine $599 and free shipping!

If the price were the same, I'd probably go Grizzly for $25 more (with
shipping).
If HF dropped it $150 or more then I'd go HF.

Tech support?LOL

IMHO, I'm more qualified than most tech support! Then again, I think most
people are better than tech support! Although I know there are probably
people who have called support to find out which way a belt goes! The few
times I've ever used tech support for any company, they were useless. Most
of them read from a little book with problem solving flow-charts. I got in
the habit of solving my own problems rather than holding for 20 minutes and
answering their questions just to be placed on hold again and repeat
everything to another "Support Tech"! LOL.