DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problems with rec.woodworking server? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/275109-problems-rec-woodworking-server.html)

-MIKE- April 3rd 09 05:38 PM

Problems with rec.woodworking server?

Anyone else having problems?
I haven't seen any new messages in about 24hrs.
I doubt everyone just took a break. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Leon April 3rd 09 05:56 PM

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Anyone else having problems?
I haven't seen any new messages in about 24hrs.
I doubt everyone just took a break. :-)

I am seeing them but oddly I am using ATT and Gignews, ATT shows more than
Giganews.

Upscale April 3rd 09 07:02 PM

Problems with rec.woodworking server?

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

Everything in this NG is coming through fine although three or four emails
to me were repeated about a dozen times earlier this morning.

Doug Miller April 3rd 09 09:36 PM

In article , -MIKE- wrote:
Anyone else having problems?
I haven't seen any new messages in about 24hrs.
I doubt everyone just took a break. :-)

There isn't any such thing as a 'rec.woodworking server' as referenced in the
title of your post. That's not how UseNet works; rather, every group is
propagated to a very large number of servers. No group -- at least no group in
the "Big Eight" hierarchy -- is hosted by a single server.

If you're not seeing any articles, then look to your own newsserver, or to
your client.

Mike Marlow[_3_] April 3rd 09 10:18 PM

Problems with rec.woodworking server?

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:38:07 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

Anyone else having problems?
I haven't seen any new messages in about 24hrs.
I doubt everyone just took a break. :-)

I've been seeing messages throughout the day. Not a lot of traffic,
but some.

BTW - there is no rec.woodworking server.

-Mike-

Martin H. Eastburn April 4th 09 03:01 AM

Problems with rec.woodworking server?

I get plenty with forteinc.com

They provide mine after the local medium phone company sold out to
the threats of music owners...

Martin

Phisherman[_2_] April 5th 09 01:42 PM

Problems with rec.woodworking server?

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 20:36:57 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , -MIKE- wrote:
Anyone else having problems?
I haven't seen any new messages in about 24hrs.
I doubt everyone just took a break. :-)

There isn't any such thing as a 'rec.woodworking server' as referenced in the
title of your post. That's not how UseNet works; rather, every group is
propagated to a very large number of servers. No group -- at least no group in
the "Big Eight" hierarchy -- is hosted by a single server.

If you're not seeing any articles, then look to your own newsserver, or to
your client.

Right on Doug! When a newsgroup server is specified in your
newsreader, that is the server to suspect. Usually, the server is the
Internet Server Provider (ie, AT&T, Comcast, etc) server, but not
always. If you can not access posts in rec.woodworking, wait and try
again in a couple hours, then call technical support. Not typical
but there can be more than one server and it may not be related to
your ISP.