Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My web site

I've made a few changes, there's still woodworking info, but I just
stuck up a non-related slide show (stuck it up, like it was easy:
frigging Picasa is as intuitive as bullfighting in your birthday
suit).

It took me all blasted day!

It seems decent to me.

Check it out, please: http://charlieselfonline.com/ and click on the
slide show indicator.

It does eventually work, though. Or at least I think it did.

I've got the '24 Overland coming out in the May issue of Cars & Parts,
and the 1930 Ford model A in the July issues.

It's a good time to have more than one interest as a freelance writer,
I'll tell you. And the competition is heating up, with all the layoffs
at newspapers and magazines. Fortunately, I'm not really up for warm
and fuzzy stories, prefering to stick with woodworking, vehicles
(preferably old), and travel. Short distances for the latter these
days. I live in an area where there are almost too many day trips
possible.

Comments welcome. Just remember what your Momma told you: if you can't
say something good...
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
[...]

Good show! didn't work in Firefox though.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote:

Good show! didn't work in Firefox though.

basilisk

Worked for me in Firefox 3.07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Russ Stanton" wrote in message
Nice, but picture 28 is a Chevy Nomad not Nova

Yeah IIRC the Nova came after the early 60's Chevy II's

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Comments welcome. Just remember what your Momma told you: if you can't
say something good...

Very nice Charlie cool pictures and I presume you took'em all. Have you
experimented with HDR when you take and tweak the car pics?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Charlie Self wrote in news:d58ee809-f086-465a-
:

[...]

Dad's first car was a Renault Dauphine. Engine was (says wikipedia) 845
cc and 32 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Renault_Dauphine,_
1960.JPG.

Darn thing took Mom, Dad, Sis and me to the Italian Riviara and back
several times, even with a tent trailer like this Alpenkruezer:
http://www.unser-camptourist.de/bilderct/Senior.pdf. Sorry, the
skimpily clad young lady didn't come with the tenttrailer, but it was a
truely remarkably roomy thing for something so light.

No expressways, just 2 or 3 lane (great fun) highways from Holland
through Belgium, Luxemburg and France. Ever had 3 times passport and
papers control in 1 day? Whole trip took usually 3 days, but those
little hotels along the highway!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote

Dad's first car was a Renault Dauphine. Engine was (says wikipedia) 845
cc and 32 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/

We had a 4CV as my Dad's "work" car ... it was the only car I was allowed to
take on a date until I got my own. GF and I still managed to get it on in
the back seat, a feat indeed, if you've ever seen the back seat of a 4CV.

Where there's a will, there's a way ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote

Dad's first car was a Renault Dauphine. Engine was (says wikipedia)
845 cc and 32 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/

We had a 4CV as my Dad's "work" car ... it was the only car I was
allowed to take on a date until I got my own. GF and I still managed
to get it on in the back seat, a feat indeed, if you've ever seen the
back seat of a 4CV.

Where there's a will, there's a way ...

Yes, indeed. We rented a 2CV for our honeymoon to France, Italy and
Switzerland. Max speed 80 km/hour, downhill, with atail wind ...

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Han" wrote

Dad's first car was a Renault Dauphine. Engine was (says wikipedia) 845
cc and 32 hp http://en.wikipedia.org/

We had a 4CV as my Dad's "work" car ... it was the only car I was allowed
to take on a date until I got my own. GF and I still managed to get it on
in the back seat, a feat indeed, if you've ever seen the back seat of a
4CV.

Where there's a will, there's a way ...

Ahh, youth. I almost remember.

Even if there is a will now, the back woun't allow it. :-(

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:05:59 -0700 (PDT), Charlie Self
wrote:

[...]

The site looks ok Charlie. loved the slide show! thumbs up! I would be
tickled to have any one of those ok beuties.

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking

Charlie Self wrote:
[...]

Charlie,

Great photos worth the wait of the show loading! I use Firefox/2.0.0.20
and a 26.4 KBPS dial-up connection...

Neil
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 18, 5:37*pm, "basilisk" wrote:
[...]

Odd. I use Foxmire and it worked for me, on two computers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 18, 8:22*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Russ Stanton" wrote in message

Nice, but picture 28 is a Chevy Nomad not Nova

Yeah IIRC the Nova came after the early 60's Chevy II's

Yeah, yeah. The cataloging on the shot reads 1955 Nomad. I wrote Nova.
I think my mental clutch was slipping, because I proofread the thing
twice and missed it. One of my cousins caught it early. Check it again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 18, 8:25*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Comments welcome. Just remember what your Momma told you: if you can't
say something good...

Very nice Charlie cool pictures and I presume you took'em all. *Have you
experimented with HDR when you take and tweak the car pics?

I don't use HDR. It looks overprocessed. The shots are all mine.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 9:46*am, Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
Charlie Self wrote:
[...]

Whoa! That's worse than this POS Wild Blue satellite I have.

I gave the slide show its own page, but from here, Yahoo's programming
yahoos have scrambled my table of contents, so...I dunno. If it
doesn't show a separate listing for the slide page, someone pelase let
me know.

And thanks for the compliments.

I'm doing the '30 Ford again Saturday morning. It will run in the July
issue of Cars & parts. The '24 Overland is coming up in the May issue
of C&p.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Charlie Self wrote:
[...]

it opened for me in firefox in a new tab. it was manual so I had to
click the arrows to go page to page. I'm no computer wiz so...... Is
that the way you set up? lol. BTW I sent you a response to the e-mail
with a address. lookin forward to reading the book! :-]

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Not sure what the problem is, I'm using latest FF and latest flash,
popup and ad blockers are off, javascript is on.
still no slide show.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 18, 8:22 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Russ Stanton" wrote in message

Nice, but picture 28 is a Chevy Nomad not Nova

Yeah IIRC the Nova came after the early 60's Chevy II's

Yeah, yeah. The cataloging on the shot reads 1955 Nomad. I wrote Nova.
I think my mental clutch was slipping, because I proofread the thing
twice and missed it. One of my cousins caught it early. Check it again.

I build/maintain several websites and I will proof everything at least twice
before
uploading, as soon as I view the site online, I will see at least one
glaring error.

It is easy to screw up proofing content mixed with markup.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 18, 8:22 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Russ Stanton" wrote in message

Nice, but picture 28 is a Chevy Nomad not Nova

Yeah IIRC the Nova came after the early 60's Chevy II's

Yeah, yeah. The cataloging on the shot reads 1955 Nomad. I wrote Nova.
I think my mental clutch was slipping, because I proofread the thing
twice and missed it. One of my cousins caught it early. Check it again.

LOL, I like to blame my keyboard and fingers which often do not associate
with my brain.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Charlie Self wrote:
[...]

It isn't a choice I had, but I've only seen it work in auto. There are
supposed to be other options, including time each stays on screen, but
it appears stuck on 3 seconods. Also, I'm supposed to be able to size
it, but that ain't happening, either.
Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

On Mar 18, 5:37 pm, "basilisk" wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

I've made a few changes, there's still woodworking info, but I just
stuck up a non-related slide show (stuck it up, like it was easy:
frigging Picasa is as intuitive as bullfighting in your birthday
suit).

You might want to look at SimpleViewer. It is free and pretty flexible.
I saw it on someones wood page and gave it a look. You can see it on
my page by clicking on the "Photo Gallery" menu item on the left of the
screen. I only have some cars you might like and some cats. It's not
really hard to set up once you figure out how to use it and what you
want. On the bottom right of either of my galleries there is a link to
the SimpleViewer site. It's free for commercial or private use.

Comments welcome. Just remember what your Momma told you: if you can't
say something good...

Only criticism I have is on the Handplanes page you need to set the
margins on the writeup. On Firefox, there is no left hand margin and a
lot of right hand margin. Your Hardwood page does have a margin,
although it is not perfectly centered. In fact, as I go though more
pages, you need to work on centering your text on the pages. The tops of
the pages are fine, it's the text underneath that need some work.

Good show! didn't work in Firefox though.

Slideshow works fine here in Firefox 3.07. If you click on a slide for
a larger picture it opens at a Picasa site though and the slide show is
no longer a slide show.

Oh, the Samples page "Handsaws Today" link didn't work. Said something
about a damaged file.

As for saying something good, nice page, I like how you laid things out.
Few minor gnats here and there is not a problem.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote in news:gq00p7$d59$1
@news.motzarella.org:

Not sure what the problem is, I'm using latest FF and latest flash,
popup and ad blockers are off, javascript is on.
still no slide show.

basilisk

Sometimes you need to clear your cache before the page loads correctly once
you turn on/off extra features such as filters. I've run in to that a few
times using my filter program... usually a reload works, but once in a blue
moon it doesn't.

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

works just fine in Mozilla 5.0 otherwise known as Seamonkey

alexy wrote in
:

"basilisk" wrote:

Good show! didn't work in Firefox though.

basilisk

Worked for me in Firefox 3.07

Site of PCB 3D [email protected] Electronics 0 January 27th 08 09:35 PM
Look this new site Hasipups Home Repair 1 August 21st 07 02:17 PM
see the most hot new site of 2007see the most hot new site of 2007 mote UK diy 1 March 21st 07 03:40 PM
DIY site Nicko Home Ownership 0 January 24th 07 08:52 PM
CMT Web site? RzB UK diy 4 February 13th 06 11:08 PM