DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dripp Press Table , Fence, and Indexing Stop (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/273704-dripp-press-table-fence-indexing-stop.html)

Leon March 18th 09 07:42 PM

Dripp Press Table , Fence, and Indexing Stop

I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

Leon March 18th 09 07:45 PM

Drill Press Table , Fence, and Indexing Stop

"Leon" wrote in message
I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

OK it's isn't a Dripp press. ;~()

Morris Dovey March 18th 09 08:41 PM

Leon wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message
I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

OK it's isn't a Dripp press. ;~()

I should say not - but I won't ;-)

It looks pretty good!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Leon March 18th 09 09:03 PM

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message
I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

OK it's isn't a Dripp press. ;~()

I should say not - but I won't ;-)

It looks pretty good!

Thanks Morris although my fingers are illiterate.

Puckdropper[_2_] March 18th 09 09:15 PM

:

Leon wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message
I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

OK it's isn't a Dripp press. ;~()

I should say not - but I won't ;-)

It looks pretty good!

Thanks Morris although my fingers are illiterate.

I'm going to have to build one of those dripp press tables myself. I
often need a fence and repeatable holes would be a good thing. :-)

My compliments.

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.

Lee Michaels March 19th 09 12:01 AM

"Leon" wrote in message
I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

Looks good. That replaceable wood slot in the center is a good idea. And I
like the movable fence in the T slots. Square is whatever fits the
job/stock on a drill press.

Is that a hold down in the third picture? How do you do holdowns and stops
on this table?

Leon March 19th 09 12:30 AM

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

I'm going to have to build one of those dripp press tables myself. I
often need a fence and repeatable holes would be a good thing. :-)

My compliments.

Thank you. If you are interested, the 'very" top pieces are phonelic
covered 14 layer birch plywood. The solid bottom piece is 11 ply birch
plywood. the over all dimensions are 1.5" thick, and 16"x 24". Rockler
has the phonelic panels on sale for $20 for a 32 x 24" sheet. I am sure
plain plywood would work but I wanted something that would not stain and
would remain very flat.

Puckdropper

Leon March 19th 09 12:42 AM

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

Looks good. That replaceable wood slot in the center is a good idea. And
I like the movable fence in the T slots. Square is whatever fits the
job/stock on a drill press.

Thank you, Square works the same way on a router table fence too. ;~) I
actually have 3 or 4 inch slots under each knob on the fence so that the
fence can be slid left or right that amount and so that the fence can ve
clamped down with one end forward. With one end forward I can drill a hinge
hole on a long door with out rolling the DP out, it normally sets back a
bit behind the tool chest on the left side.

Is that a hold down in the third picture? How do you do holdowns and
stops on this table?

No, no hold downs. I am showing the stop in two positions, fence and table
t-slot. To tell you the truth I have never had any use or need for hold
downs on this DP.

Puckdropper[_2_] March 19th 09 03:03 AM

Drill Press Table , Fence, and Indexing Stop

"Leon" wrote in
:

Thank you. If you are interested, the 'very" top pieces are phonelic
covered 14 layer birch plywood. The solid bottom piece is 11 ply
birch plywood. the over all dimensions are 1.5" thick, and 16"x 24".
Rockler has the phonelic panels on sale for $20 for a 32 x 24" sheet.
I am sure plain plywood would work but I wanted something that would
not stain and would remain very flat.

Thanks for the info. I'll try building mine with "hardwood plywood" that
Home Depot occasionally sells (usually Birch). I've got a couple pieces
of it waiting for a project.

(Yet another item on the shop to do list. :-))

Puckdropper