Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cost Reduced Freud SD208 Dado Set

I bought a Freud SD208 dado set from Rockler earlier in the week. It
was locked in a glass cabinet and I didn't take a good look until I
got home. This is the new version with silver blades instead of
black, and a slightly smaller plastic holder. Still made in Italy.
But instead of 5 chippers that came with the old sets with black
blades, this set only came with 3 chippers (each 1/8" thick) and 3
thick rigid spacers (in additional to several thin spacers in a bag).
I sure wish I had paid more attention when I was at the store.

The chart that came with the set only had entries for 3 chippers so I
assume nothing is missing.

Does anyone have any experience with this set? I haven't tried it yet
as I figure it will be easier to return in new condition.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Albert" wrote in message
I bought a Freud SD208 dado set from Rockler earlier in the week. It
was locked in a glass cabinet and I didn't take a good look until I
got home. This is the new version with silver blades instead of
black, and a slightly smaller plastic holder. Still made in Italy.
But instead of 5 chippers that came with the old sets with black
blades, this set only came with 3 chippers (each 1/8" thick) and 3
thick rigid spacers (in additional to several thin spacers in a bag).
I sure wish I had paid more attention when I was at the store.

The chart that came with the set only had entries for 3 chippers so I
assume nothing is missing.

Does anyone have any experience with this set? I haven't tried it yet
as I figure it will be easier to return in new condition.

The one you got has a max width of cut of 7/8". The D208 has a max cut
width of 13/16".