Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Question about a woodworking show

Phisherman wrote in
:

Our sales tax is 9.75%, the maximum allowable (until they change the
law). Maybe keeps tourists away, I don't know, but no state tax on
earned income or interest.

I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Joe" wrote in
:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
..

snip
The Dutch know a thing or two about long words. To wit:

elektriciteitsproductiemaatschappij
hottentottensoldatententententoonstelling
potentiaalvereffeningswandcontactdoosafdekplaatje.
zandzeepsodemineraalwatersteenstralen

and my favourite:

autobandventieldopjesfabrieksdirectricesassistente suniformenknoop

don't forget floccinocinihilipilification......

Not on my piles, you don't!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:55:19 GMT, Han wrote:

Phisherman wrote in
:

Our sales tax is 9.75%, the maximum allowable (until they change the
law). Maybe keeps tourists away, I don't know, but no state tax on
earned income or interest.

I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?

East Tennessee, lots of native woods here and the Smoky Mountains.
High Point, NC, is not too far away.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Phisherman wrote in
:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:55:19 GMT, Han wrote:

Phisherman wrote in
m:

Our sales tax is 9.75%, the maximum allowable (until they change the
law). Maybe keeps tourists away, I don't know, but no state tax on
earned income or interest.

I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?

East Tennessee, lots of native woods here and the Smoky Mountains.
High Point, NC, is not too far away.

That seems almost in the middle of NC, SE of Winston-Salem, so if that is
close to you, High Point State Park is close to me (HPSP is in NJ, very
close to Port Jervis, where NY, NJ & PA meet. Although for "woods" we
mostly go to Harriman/Bear Mountain, the Shawangunks or Catskills.

And I pay Fed, NY & NJ income taxes in addition to the sales tax. And I
am happy to pay them. If I weren't, I wouldn't have income sheepish
grin.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?

East Tennessee, lots of native woods here and the Smoky Mountains.
High Point, NC, is not too far away.

Where in ET? I'm west knox.

jc

Oh, and yeah, our sales tax stinks...... That was the main part of the
reason I was hoping to find some big iron at the woodworking show (just to
bring this back on topic :-))

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe wrote:
I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?

East Tennessee, lots of native woods here and the Smoky Mountains.
High Point, NC, is not too far away.

Where in ET? I'm west knox.

jc

Oh, and yeah, our sales tax stinks...... That was the main part of the
reason I was hoping to find some big iron at the woodworking show (just to
bring this back on topic :-))

Don't you think the lack of state income tax more than makes up for it?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?
East Tennessee, lots of native woods here and the Smoky Mountains.
High Point, NC, is not too far away.

Where in ET? I'm west knox.

jc

Oh, and yeah, our sales tax stinks...... That was the main part of the
reason I was hoping to find some big iron at the woodworking show (just
to bring this back on topic :-))

Don't you think the lack of state income tax more than makes up for it?

--

-MIKE-

It's nice when there's income. Given today's circumstances, where there's
more and more people with no income that still need to buy stuff....

They get you coming or going (or both).

Posted to rec.woodworking

So I went to the woodworkers show yesterday. There were certainly a lot of
router bits there.

The good news is I purchased 8 of the 3D Square setups for $85. They are
$16 a piece on Amazon. http://jevonstoolco.com/index.html

I also purchased the "Show Only" Woodworker II blade and dampener for $120.
http://www.3dsawbladesalesfl.com/pro...18b334be364d79

Both items I wanted and they happened to have good deals at the show. I did
check the web while at the show to see if the prices were really "good".

It was basically what many of the posters here had said it would be. It had
more of a feel of a flea market than a show. Peachtree Woodworking took up
a large percentage of the floor space. The stuff they had was what they
have in their catalogue except it was displayed in bins. As I mentioned in
the first line, there were a lot of router bits to be had. Kreg had a
sizable display. The only "iron" was Ridgid have a few items and Woodcraft
had a few items as well. I did see an informative talk about finishing. On
a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 6. There may have been more deals
there but I wasn't looking - didn't have the money, for anything else.

Larry C

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Larry C" wrote:
So I went to the woodworkers show yesterday. There were certainly a lot of
router bits there.

The good news is I purchased 8 of the 3D Square setups for $85. They are
$16 a piece on Amazon. http://jevonstoolco.com/index.html

You won't regret that. Good stuff, those.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the report. Sounds like they are limping along about the
same as has been for a few years.

One question, did you "check the web" from a web enabled phone?

I also purchased the "Show Only" Woodworker II blade and dampener for $120.http://www.3dsawbladesalesfl.com/pro...cts_id/64?osCs...

Both items I wanted and they happened to have good deals at the show. *I did
check the web while at the show to see if the prices were really "good".

It was basically what many of the posters here had said it would be. *It had
more of a feel of a flea market than a show. *Peachtree Woodworking took up
a large percentage of the floor space. *The stuff they had was what they
have in their catalogue except it was displayed in bins. *As I mentioned in
the first line, there were a lot of router bits to be had. * Kreg had a
sizable display. *The only "iron" was Ridgid have a few items and Woodcraft
had a few items as well. *I did see an informative talk about finishing.. On
a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 6. *There may have been more deals
there but I wasn't looking - didn't have the money, for anything else.

Larry C

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 8:07 am, "Larry C" wrote:
[...]

Checked the web from my blackberry

The Woodworking Show Jack Casuso Woodworking 0 October 15th 07 07:40 PM
New woodworking show RayV Woodworking 7 March 25th 07 06:31 PM
Columbus Woodworking Show Question Scraper Woodworking 3 January 7th 07 04:13 AM
Woodworking Show, KC Ken Woodworking 0 February 4th 06 05:03 AM
woodworking show neal.don Woodworking 31 January 24th 05 08:04 PM