Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodwork Magazine????

This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a request
for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on?

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a request
for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on?

-- Andy Barss

Whodathunkit?!

[Press Releases

Owner of American Woodworker Acquires WOODWORK

Consumer enthusiast magazine publisher, New Track Media, expands its
commitment to the woodworking category with purchase of special interest
magazine, WOODWORK.

Cambridge, MA, August 18, 2008 - Cambridge, MA, August 18, 2008 - New Track
Media LLC, the consumer enthusiast publisher that owns American Woodworker,
one of the largest magazines in the woodworking category, announced today
that it has acquired WOODWORK from Ross Periodicals, Inc. of Novato, CA. "We
see this as a logical extension of our commitment to the woodworking subject
area, and we expect to continue operating the magazine as an important print
resource for woodworking enthusiasts," commented Stephen Kent, President of
New Track Media. "We are proud to continue publishing WOODWORK and to
continue its mission to provide artistic, professional and fine craft focus
editorial to woodworkers of all skill levels."

"We are excited about the acquisition of WOODWORK. It provides another
platform to reach the woodworking marketplace and expand our ability to talk
to woodworkers of different skill and interests", commented Joel Toner, New
Track Media's Vice President and Publishing Director. "Through American
Woodworker and WOODWORK, as a company we are now even more strongly
positioned to reach the broad audience of woodworkers with information
that's both useful and inspirational." ]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andrew Barss wrote:
This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a request
for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on?

-- Andy Barss

They didn't go belly up.

I seem to remember the publisher writing a goodbye column, where he
mentioned selling the magazine to another publisher.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy,

I read in the last issue I purchased that they had been bought by another
publishing company????

cm

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a request
for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on?

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the info -- I must have read that, and forgotten.
What I was remembering was this:

http://www.furnituresociety.org/furn...ose&no_right=1

-- Andy Barss

:
: -- Andy Barss

: They didn't go belly up.

: I seem to remember the publisher writing a goodbye column, where he
: mentioned selling the magazine to another publisher.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just recently saw an ad about the next issue. I'd expect it will
be back in full production soon.

MJM
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 6, 10:10*pm, Andrew Barss wrote:
This supposedly went belly-up in December. *But I just received a request
for a subscription renewal. *Anyone know what's going on?

* * * * -- Andy Barss

Here is some info.

http://furnituresociety.org/furn/doc...work_close.pdf
Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy,

Woodwork is my favorite wood mag. I hope we don't see too many changes.

Are you still kayaking?

cm

B A R R Y wrote:
: Andrew Barss wrote:
: This supposedly went belly-up in December. But I just received a
request
: for a subscription renewal. Anyone know what's going on?
:
: -- Andy Barss

: They didn't go belly up.

: I seem to remember the publisher writing a goodbye column, where he
: mentioned selling the magazine to another publisher.

Posted to rec.woodworking

cm wrote:
: Andy,

: Woodwork is my favorite wood mag. I hope we don't see too many changes.

: Are you still kayaking?

Nope, I have sciatica and a back problem, which gets aggravated by the
kayak sitting position. I still like canoeing though, when I get the chance.

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

I could never kayak for very long without back pain. I would like to build a
more comfortable boat some day. I did have an 18' double kayak that had an
open deck design that was pretty nice to paddle as a single.

Have you ever paddled Patagonia lake? Worth while?

cm

cm wrote:
: Andy,

: Woodwork is my favorite wood mag. I hope we don't see too many changes.

: Are you still kayaking?

Nope, I have sciatica and a back problem, which gets aggravated by the
kayak sitting position. I still like canoeing though, when I get the
chance.

-- Andy Barss

Woodwork Magazine (Ross Periodicals) John L. Poole Woodworking 3 August 30th 06 06:45 PM
Looking For WoodWork -ED Woodworking 1 June 26th 06 02:39 PM
Warning on Magazine Subscription from Magazine World [email protected] Woodworking 1 March 11th 06 02:21 AM
Woodwork magazine searchable archives? Mike Halmarack UK diy 11 March 7th 06 12:30 PM
Finally A Woodwork Magazine Web Site? Unisaw A100 Woodworking 1 February 14th 05 05:02 AM