Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can make Dining Table?

Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if yes, then
which on is better whether buying ready made or making it....

--
dgoddard83
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 31, 4:09*pm, dgoddard83
wrote:
Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if yes, then
which on is better whether buying ready made or making it....

--
dgoddard83

Making a dining room table can be as challenging and and as simple as
you can imagine.
Not really a novice project though.
Buying one doesn't cost as much as the wood would cost should you
decide to make one.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"dgoddard83" wrote in message
. ..

Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if yes, then
which on is better whether buying ready made or making it....

Yes, you have permission Depends on how good you are. Making is usually
better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"dgoddard83" wrote in
message . ..

Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if yes, then
which on is better whether buying ready made or making it....

Yes, you have permission Depends on how good you are. Making is usually
better.

But it does take longer. Sometimes quite a bit longer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"dgoddard83" wrote in
message . ..

Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if yes, then
which on is better whether buying ready made or making it....

Yes, you have permission Depends on how good you are. Making is usually
better.

But it does take longer. Sometimes quite a bit longer.

Flush door, saw horses, done.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...

But it does take longer. Sometimes quite a bit longer.

Flush door, saw horses, done.

That 2 1/8" hole in the middle is a cup holder!

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 1:11*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote :

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
om...

*But it does take longer. *Sometimes quite a bit longer.

I want to know why home made stuff is always three times the price,
and takes a ton of time to finish. Yea, it's just the right size,
shape, features and all that, but it's a good thing this is a hobby!

Oh, yes, it does impress your friends when you get it done. That's
worth something.

Posted to rec.woodworking

dgoddard83 wrote in
:

Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if
yes, then which on is better whether buying ready made or making
it....

The Ministry of Tables only regulation is that if said table is made
of Cherry, user will not stain.

Other than that, you may make table as you like.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 23:38:19 +0000, Larrybud wrote:

dgoddard83 wrote in
:

Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if yes, then
which on is better whether buying ready made or making it....

The Ministry of Tables only regulation is that if said table is made of
Cherry, user will not stain.

Other than that, you may make table as you like.

Correct, cherry tables must be painted black.
Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

"Ministry of Tables" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 23:38:19 +0000, Larrybud wrote:

dgoddard83 wrote in
:

Can we make dining table as we want(talking about style)? if yes, then
which on is better whether buying ready made or making it....

The Ministry of Tables only regulation is that if said table is made of
Cherry, user will not stain.

Other than that, you may make table as you like.

Correct, cherry tables must be painted black.

Black paint????? I thought all was needed was to dip in a vat of ink, BG

P D Q
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ministry of Tables wrote:

Correct, cherry tables must be painted black.

That concludes the official statement.

Please click on this link:
http://www.geocities.com/iloveamerica_911/sounds.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote :

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
om...

*But it does take longer. *Sometimes quite a bit longer.

I want to know why home made stuff is always three times the price,
and takes a ton of time to finish. *Yea, it's just the right size,
shape, features and all that, but it's a good thing this is a hobby!

Oh, yes, it does impress your friends when you get it done. *That's
worth something.

Your comparison is probably not apples to apples. The purchased, low
cost furniture, is likely made from MDF/particleboard with a vinyl
veneer. Factory made in the far east. Home made is likely solid wood
from a native species. If you were to purchase a similar table as you
can make, you would likely pay more than what you have invested. I
think the Moser brand of furniture is similar to what a hobby
woodworker would make, plus or minus. The cost of that brand would
rival your cost. Yet its purchased but not for 1/3 of your home made
product.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote

On one of the home improvement shows a few years ago,they showed people
who sold their homes and what they liked about the home, then the new
owners and their plans for the home (usually two mutually exclusive
opinions). On one of the shows, the elderly lady selling the house proudly
showed off her kitchen and how happy she was with her cabinets. She
crowed, "they come all the way from Sweden." Silly me, I bought the
comment until the new owners came in, and with a sledge hammer made the
comment, "sorry [name], the Ikea cabinets are history.

Been staying in a house while in Austin building another. The house I'm
staying in has "top 'o the line" Ikea cabinets throughout that were
installed about five years ago.

Now, I know a thing or two about cabinets.

Thanks, but no thanks!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Now, I know a thing or two about cabinets.

Thanks, but no thanks!

And you do build quality furniture like that mission style dining room table
you built and plans that I cannibalized for my outdoor garden table.

Table Slides For Three Leaf Expanding Dining Table Alan Smithee Woodworking 13 October 28th 05 02:42 PM
Dining Table with adjustable table slides Fmg Woodworking 5 August 30th 05 07:13 PM
Dining Table smithfarms pure kona Home Repair 4 June 11th 05 07:22 PM
Oak Dining Table colin UK diy 14 March 15th 05 03:45 PM
can a small round table expand to large round dining table exist? sab Woodworking 19 December 19th 04 04:08 AM