Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Back bevel on planer knives

I had been watching "wood works" with David Marks on DIY when it was
still on He mentioned during a shop tour show he had a back bevel put
on his planer and joiner knives to reduce tear-out. I would like to
know for one does this help with tear-out in figured woods and what is
the angle I should try to put on the back bevel?

Thanks.

Bevel up vs back bevel smoother alexM Woodworking 3 April 10th 07 09:04 PM
Planer bevel angle David Woodworking 7 April 28th 06 07:22 PM
Re Planer bevel angle srazor Woodworking 0 April 28th 06 02:27 AM
Chip carving knives, bevel on both sites? Mcfly Woodworking 14 January 21st 06 12:11 AM
What to do w/ old planer knives??? Rob V Woodworking 6 December 16th 05 01:55 AM