Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for a good bandsaw book

I added on to an earlier posting by someone asking questions about bandsaw
blades. The original poster was about to purchase a Griz 14" bandsaw. I will
also be buying one sometime this year and I had asked about good books for
the bandsaw. I received recommendations to get the DVD "Mastering Your
Bandsaw" by Mark Duginske. Rather than buy it I got it out of our library
system so I could check it out first. It was quite good but a litle short on
tuning up a band saw. I make that comment not actually OWNING a bandsaw of
course so maybe I am wrong. I go to woodworking shows and everyone is
selling replacement guides etc. There was very little in the DVD about that.
Mark Duginske also has a book "The Bandsaw Handbook" which is not in our
library system. For those of you who have the book can you give me your
opinion of it?

TIA

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Mark Duginske also has a book "The Bandsaw Handbook" which is not in our
library system. For those of you who have the book can you give me your
opinion of it?

TIA

Dick Snyder

It's universally regarded as being THE bandsaw bible.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

I bought that book just before I bought my first bandsaw and found it to be
very helpful. It left no questions unanswered for me.

cm

http://www.amazon.com/Band-Saw-Handb...40180&sr= 8-4

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Dick Snyder" wrote:
[...]
Mark Duginske also has a book "The Bandsaw Handbook" which is not in our
library system. For those of you who have the book can you give me your
opinion of it?

None better. It's the bible of bandsaw books.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Dick Snyder"
wrote:
[...]
Mark Duginske also has a book "The Bandsaw Handbook" which is not in our
library system. For those of you who have the book can you give me your
opinion of it?

None better. It's the bible of bandsaw books.

Mine is a paperback (8.5x11 size), same author and his brother (I think).
"Band Saw Basics" is the title. It (and a bunch of wood through the saw)
has been all I've ever needed. I'm far from an expert, though.

Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
.. .

Mark Duginske also has a book "The Bandsaw Handbook" which is not in our
library system. For those of you who have the book can you give me your
opinion of it?

TIA

Dick Snyder

It's universally regarded as being THE bandsaw bible.

jc

Thanks to all who recommended this book. I ordered a like new used version
from Amazon a few minutes ago.

Dick

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 22:19:20 GMT, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

[...]

"The Bandsaw Book" by M.Duginske is very good. There are all sorts of
"upgrades" that can be done to a bandsaw, but knowing how to do a
bandsaw tuneup quickly is a very good skill to master. Mark also has
a video worth watching.
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

I always like to recommend that you contact Louis Iturra for one of his
catalogs. It reads like a book and contains some interesting history of
these saws and what to consider when buying used equipment. He is free with
his information and sells a pretty good product but then, I'm not a
connoisseur of blades. Call Louis and talk with him a bit. He'll steer you
to the right blade config and he can make blade cut to any custom length.
888.722.7078 Oh yea, I don't know Lou and I don't have anything to gain
in recommending him.
Later,
Chuck

Ultimate Bandsaw Book Vic Baron Woodworking 1 February 2nd 07 12:10 AM
The bandsaw book? Lost In Space Woodworking 9 November 2nd 05 06:18 PM
THAT bandsaw book Micky Woodworking 0 August 15th 05 09:32 PM
Bandsaw Book Tina Woodworking 7 July 29th 05 11:58 AM
Gingery Bandsaw book Intrepid Metalworking 3 March 9th 05 03:48 PM