Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Recex Screws

Someone asked sometime back about the recex screws offered at
www.quikdrawers.com. Well, I bought em', and I am sold. The recex
design is sweet, the combo drive worx well and the price was fine.

I can't get these locally so this will be fine for me. I got them in
3 different lengths and I also bought some 3 1/2" washer head screws
for cabinet mounting.

I have never used a screw as aggressive as these and the nibs do
indeed prevent the need for countersink drilling. I guess it is the
prelube that makes them so smooth on the drive. If you have not tried
them, you ought to.

Hootie
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:00:55 -0600, wrote:

Someone asked sometime back about the recex screws offered at
www.quikdrawers.com. Well, I bought em', and I am sold. The recex
design is sweet, the combo drive worx well and the price was fine.

The recex screw has been around a while as a quality screw mostly in
production situations

I can't get these locally so this will be fine for me. I got them in
3 different lengths and I also bought some 3 1/2" washer head screws
for cabinet mounting.

Our big box stores are not concerned with carrying quality screws,
just high margin screws.

I have never used a screw as aggressive as these and the nibs do
indeed prevent the need for countersink drilling. I guess it is the
prelube that makes them so smooth on the drive. If you have not tried
them, you ought to.

The prelubed screws are certainly much easier to drive and with the
cutting threads, the combination makes short work of a long screw. Not
that I am in favor of short screws, I like them all, I just don't
always have time for a long screw.

Hootie

Set screws Fred May Woodturning 1 July 18th 06 12:48 AM
Using sheet metal, particle board, or drywall screws in wood, and help finding source for black wood screws John2005 Woodworking 10 June 19th 06 04:35 PM
Are 'screws' available. [email protected] UK diy 16 March 14th 06 11:54 AM
Need a few 2-56 UNC screws Mike Harrison UK diy 2 February 5th 06 07:15 PM
Sheetmetal screws, chassis screws, fastening idears Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 3 November 9th 05 06:29 AM