Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Now that's a workbench

Saw a link from LumberJocks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqW6GsN9Qs4

Pretty cool site workbench.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave - Parkville, MD" wrote in message
Saw a link from LumberJocks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqW6GsN9Qs4

Pretty cool site workbench.

That Walko bench is nice. Looks high priced. I notice that they are using
Festools in the video. A high priced bench to go with the high priced
tools. It makes sense.

I love the engineering and design. It does seem a little much for the home
workshop guy. Perhaps a contractor. But one of these benches tricked out
with some accessories could easily cost $1500. I can't see a lot of folks
going for that. You could buy some tools with that money and be ahead.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 26, 9:57*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Dave - Parkville, MD" wrote in ...

Saw a link from LumberJocks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqW6GsN9Qs4

Pretty cool site workbench.

That Walko bench is nice. Looks high priced. *I notice that they are using
Festools in the video. *A high priced bench to go with the high priced
tools. It makes sense.

I love the engineering and design. It does seem a little much for the home
workshop guy. Perhaps a contractor. *But one of these benches tricked out
with some accessories could easily cost $1500. *I can't see a lot of folks
going for that. *You could buy some tools with that money and be ahead.

I agree. It's not for me. Just thought it was cool.

And you called the price pretty well. The larger base frame is $899.
Once you trick it out with accessories you'll in that $1500 range
pretty quick.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave - Parkville, MD" wrote in message
On Dec 26, 9:57 am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Dave - Parkville, MD" wrote in

Saw a link from LumberJocks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqW6GsN9Qs4

Pretty cool site workbench.

That Walko bench is nice. Looks high priced. I notice that they are using
Festools in the video. A high priced bench to go with the high priced
tools. It makes sense.

I love the engineering and design. It does seem a little much for the home
workshop guy. Perhaps a contractor. But one of these benches tricked out
with some accessories could easily cost $1500. I can't see a lot of folks
going for that. You could buy some tools with that money and be ahead.

I agree. It's not for me. Just thought it was cool.

And you called the price pretty well. The larger base frame is $899.
Once you trick it out with accessories you'll in that $1500 range
pretty quick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This seems like the kind of product that somebody could make a lower cost
knockoff of it and do well.

Or even a wood version of it. Are you reading this Morris? hint, hint
Perhaps a solar powered contracter's workbench. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

Or even a wood version of it. Are you reading this Morris? hint, hint
Perhaps a solar powered contracter's workbench. ;-)

I've been paying attention.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 26, 11:07*am, Morris Dovey wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:
Or even a wood version of it. Are you reading this Morris? *hint, hint
Perhaps a solar powered contracter's workbench. *;-)

I've been paying attention.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Those Dutch, eh? Wood is in their blood.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Dave - Parkville, MD" wrote in message
Saw a link from LumberJocks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqW6GsN9Qs4

Pretty cool site workbench.

That Walko bench is nice. Looks high priced. I notice that they are using
Festools in the video. A high priced bench to go with the high priced
tools. It makes sense.

I love the engineering and design. It does seem a little much for the home
workshop guy. Perhaps a contractor. But one of these benches tricked out
with some accessories could easily cost $1500. I can't see a lot of folks
going for that. You could buy some tools with that money and be ahead.

Looks like too many lose-able parts for me. And after all that folding
and flipping I would forget what I was trying to make.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A naked man never worries about
pickpockets.

Workbench Bob C Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 June 29th 07 02:43 PM
WORKBENCH J T Woodworking 1 December 29th 05 08:21 PM
Workbench Plans Added to Workbench Website Tim C Woodworking 9 March 24th 05 03:13 AM
workbench Chris Woodworking 0 November 27th 04 08:16 AM
WORKBENCH J T Woodworking 0 March 14th 04 06:13 AM