Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

B A R R Y wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F
differences.

My wife can detect 10ths...

Then she really won't like a metric thermostat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Then she really won't like a metric thermostat.

She has yet to meet a thermostat she likes.

They ALL lie! G

Posted to rec.woodworking

I noticed that Sears offers a "foam" sleeve that
fits over the regular filter.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...7443000P?mv=rr

Have you tried that ?

They also sell the paper bags for the various models...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...7896000P?mv=rr

I assume this is the "drywall bag" everybody is referring to ?

B A R R Y wrote:

The beauty of the drywall bag is that the dust cake seems to fall off in
between uses. I like the Cleanstream as a main filter, but the bag is
a great pre-filter.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:
I noticed that Sears offers a "foam" sleeve that
fits over the regular filter.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...7443000P?mv=rr

Have you tried that ?

I haven't tried the foam filter but I have cut off one of the legs of a
pair of my wife's old panty hose and stretched it over the filter. It
helps and it didn't cost anything.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:
I noticed that Sears offers a "foam" sleeve that
fits over the regular filter.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...7443000P?mv=rr

I think that's for wet vac'ing.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:
I noticed that Sears offers a "foam" sleeve that
fits over the regular filter.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...7443000P?mv=rr

Have you tried that ?

Got that, too! G

Shavings stick to it.

For sander dust collection, nuttin' works as well as the bags.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
: mac davis wrote:

: On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:54:48 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
: wrote:
:
:On my way back from Toronto, yesterday, the outside temp gauge in my
:truck said 15 C. (Which is like 60F for those who haven't figured out
:metric yet.)( Water freezes at 0, boils at 100...now is that so hard??
:G)
: well, it's 59, but who's counting?
:
: Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions..
: Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night..
:

: Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F differences.
: Unfortunately 1 degree C is about 2 degrees F, so unless your thermostat
: gives you 1/2 degree C setting increments, it's not hard to have a
: significant discomfort factor because you can't tune the temperature as
: finely.

One of very many examples of the metric/celsius system being
less well tuned to the human body and human experience than
imperial/farenheit.

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On my way back from Toronto, yesterday, the outside temp gauge in my
truck said 15 C. (Which is like 60F for those who haven't figured out
metric yet.)( Water freezes at 0, boils at 100...now is that so hard??
G)

well, it's 59, but who's counting?

Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions..
Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night..

Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F differences.
Unfortunately 1 degree C is about 2 degrees F, so unless your thermostat
gives you 1/2 degree C setting increments, it's not hard to have a
significant discomfort factor because you can't tune the temperature as
finely.

For sure.... Unfortunately, metric controls are what we get in Mexico..

Some nights during the summer, 30 isn't getting the job done and 29 is a little
chilly... I'd really prefer F over C for AC..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:05:11 +0000 (GMT), Stuart wrote:

In article ,
mac davis wrote:
Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions..
Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night..

Strewth! That's hot!

Not when it's 100+ f outside..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 18:52:00 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

B A R R Y wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F
differences.

My wife can detect 10ths...

Then she really won't like a metric thermostat.

Mine definitely doesn't..
Between being cold and having "power surges" where she burning up, some nights
get really interesting..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

mac davis wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

I think the thermostat upstairs is in a cold spot, since I had to adjust it
to 59F to get the temp in the bedroom to 22C ...

--
Best regards
Han

figured out metric yet.)( Water freezes at 0, boils at 100...now
is that so hard?? G)
well, it's 59, but who's counting?

Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions..
Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night..

Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F
differences. Unfortunately 1 degree C is about 2 degrees F, so
unless your thermostat gives you 1/2 degree C setting increments,
it's not hard to have a significant discomfort factor because you
can't tune the temperature as finely.

For sure.... Unfortunately, metric controls are what we get in
Mexico..

Some nights during the summer, 30 isn't getting the job done and 29
is a little chilly... I'd really prefer F over C for AC..

The solution to that, I would think, is to smuggle in a non-metric
thermostat.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

The solution to that, I would think, is to smuggle in a non-metric
thermostat.

Or use an analog thermostat.

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:25:00 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Some nights during the summer, 30 isn't getting the job done and 29
is a little chilly... I'd really prefer F over C for AC..

The solution to that, I would think, is to smuggle in a non-metric
thermostat.

We can't, as far as I know..
The unit (mini-split) is on the wall and the only control is the remote for it..
I asked Trane if the remote and/or the AC unit could be programmed for
Fahrenheit, they said not possible..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:25:00 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Some nights during the summer, 30 isn't getting the job done and 29
is a little chilly... I'd really prefer F over C for AC..

The solution to that, I would think, is to smuggle in a non-metric
thermostat.

We can't, as far as I know..
The unit (mini-split) is on the wall and the only control is the remote for it..
I asked Trane if the remote and/or the AC unit could be programmed for
Fahrenheit, they said not possible..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

the next question is whether or not the user can be programmed for
Celsius...

:-)
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:32:30 -0800, jo4hn wrote:
We can't, as far as I know..
The unit (mini-split) is on the wall and the only control is the remote for it..
I asked Trane if the remote and/or the AC unit could be programmed for
Fahrenheit, they said not possible..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

the next question is whether or not the user can be programmed for
Celsius...

:-)
jo4hn

Well, we've sort of had to reprogram, especially my wife.. The oven is in C
also, so she has to do the math for most of her baking..
Now, if they'd stop moving the Peso around, I could figure out how much we spend
on utilities and stuff..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

cyclone dust collectors [email protected] Woodworking 10 September 18th 07 05:02 PM
Dust collectors Howard Woodworking 8 March 16th 07 01:16 PM
Dust Collectors... Astriapo Woodworking 21 December 21st 05 04:50 PM
Dust collectors, considering 3 michael moorman Woodworking 18 May 31st 05 02:47 AM
For those with X10 on their Dust Collectors James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 14 October 29th 04 04:51 PM