Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I was talking to this dude from Austin

H1 was the real deal. Interesting note--GM owns the "Hummer" brand
but never owned the design, which continues to belong AM General,
which is not a part of GM. Meanwhile AM General has their own brand,
"Humvee", which is a registered trademark. Whether they have a
street-legal civilian model though I have no idea.

I've ridden in a Humvee and its performance and capabilities were very
impressive.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote:

He had a license plate frame that said:
"You're dreaming it, I'm living it."

I wish I could have an H2... G

You mean like the Arnold drives?

Ahnold has an H1!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Ahnoled drive the big HumVee. The 'real' one. Look at from either
behind or the front. If you see differentials, it ain't a 'real' one.

The H2 is basically a Suburban.

The H3 is petty much a Chevy Colorado.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 24, 12:56*pm, B A R R Y wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote:

He had a license plate frame that said:
"You're dreaming it, I'm living it."

I wish I could have an H2... *G

You mean like the Arnold drives?

Ahnold has an H1!

He does, he does.The leasing company my automotive buddy works for
(PHH), at one time had a couple of HumVees (H1) on lease to radio
stations for promo purposes.
He read out to me the costs to operate and maintain those beasts.
Insane! Stuff like $ 5000.00 scheduled maintenance bills, $ 2000.00
per tire and very, VERY bad mileage.
But those beasts are some cool though. 90 mph top speed doesn't turn
my crank though.
The H2 and H3 sum up what's wrong with the American automotive
industry. Just badge-engineered pieces of shiat.