DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Harbor Freight Tormek Clone Grinder $68-COUPON (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/264988-harbor-freight-tormek-clone-grinder-%2468-coupon.html)

-MIKE- November 18th 08 12:01 AM

Harbor Freight Tormek Clone Grinder $68-COUPON

Here ya go...

http://www.mikedrums.com/TormekCloneCoupon.gif

When you speak of me, speak well.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

J. Clarke November 18th 08 12:36 AM

-MIKE- wrote:
Here ya go...

http://www.mikedrums.com/TormekCloneCoupon.gif

When you speak of me, speak well.

It's also third from the bottom on the left at
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html...a_cpnsave.html.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

TD Driver November 18th 08 03:29 AM

-MIKE- wrote:
Here ya go...

http://www.mikedrums.com/TormekCloneCoupon.gif

When you speak of me, speak well.

Many thanks, Mike. You da man!

Larry

cm[_6_] November 18th 08 12:59 PM

Harbor Freight Tormek Clone Grinder $68-COUPON

I stopped at a HF store yesterday to look at the Fein MM type tool they are
selling. They didn't have any in stock, but they did have the Tormek copy on
the shelf. I was a little surprised how cheesy it looked even for a HF tool.
I would love to hear continued reviews.

cm

DGDevin November 19th 08 10:02 PM

cm wrote:

I stopped at a HF store yesterday to look at the Fein MM type tool
they are selling. They didn't have any in stock, but they did have
the Tormek copy on the shelf. I was a little surprised how cheesy it
looked even for a HF tool. I would love to hear continued reviews.

cm

The price with the coupon is attractive, but by now I've learned that
cheaper isn't always a better deal. Sometimes paying more is cheaper in the
long run, and I have to think something made in Germany is probably built to
higher standards than a similar item made in China.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-W...der-Kit/T10010

mac davis[_5_] November 22nd 08 04:53 PM

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:02:22 -0800, "DGDevin" wrote:

cm wrote:

I stopped at a HF store yesterday to look at the Fein MM type tool
they are selling. They didn't have any in stock, but they did have
the Tormek copy on the shelf. I was a little surprised how cheesy it
looked even for a HF tool. I would love to hear continued reviews.

cm

The price with the coupon is attractive, but by now I've learned that
cheaper isn't always a better deal. Sometimes paying more is cheaper in the
long run, and I have to think something made in Germany is probably built to
higher standards than a similar item made in China.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-W...der-Kit/T10010

Well, spend what you want, but I don't think where it's made has as much impact
as HOW it's made..

I'm sure that there are no places in Germany making cheap tools, though..

As the owner of a shop full of mostly chi-wan-ese tools, mostly Jet lathes, I'm
impressed with a good tool, and don't really care where it's made..

(not implying that the HF tool is good or bad, as I haven't seen it)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Robatoy[_2_] November 22nd 08 05:34 PM

cm wrote:

[...]

Absolutely. I know a shop in Toronto (my ex-in-laws) which uses metal
lathes for ultra precision work, stuff like gyro parts and other
insanely super small, and some big, accurate pieces. Those guys
wanted, waited, ordered their lathes from a company in China, LONG
before (late '70's) the big Chinowanese influx of big iron.
They wanted THOSE lathes. And I tell you, if Rolex ever made a lathe,
it would look like those. Seldom does one see anything of that
quality. I was assured that the price of those things had nothing to
do with the selection process, as they cost a lot more than your
Euromerican type stuff. Them Chinowanese buggers DO know how to. It's
just that their customers (usually marketing schmucks from the
Americandian companies with their fancy ass-wipe MBA's) make them work
to a price, hence the crap.

Case in point and an example I use often is the Ridgid 2610 6" ROS. It
WAS made in Germany by Metabo for Ridgid. Then they 'upgraded' it to a
2611 made in China. Suffice it to say, not a change for the better.
All for the sake of a buck.

Robatoy[_2_] November 22nd 08 05:38 PM

On Nov 17, 7:01*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
Here ya go...

http://www.mikedrums.com/TormekCloneCoupon.gif

When you speak of me, speak well.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Clone grinder, eh? Is that used when your clone gets dull? Or is it
used to make clone sausage?
..
..
..
..
Sorry, I suffer from Lee Michaels' disease. G

B A R R Y November 22nd 08 10:12 PM

Robatoy wrote:
Them Chinowanese buggers DO know how to. It's
just that their customers (usually marketing schmucks from the
Americandian companies with their fancy ass-wipe MBA's) make them work
to a price, hence the crap.

There are some very, very, nice bicycle components made in China,
including all Specialized brand frames.

One of the few things that keeps some of the way-ultra high-end stuff
from being made in China are export limitations on materials like
defense grade carbon fiber.