Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PC 7529- Anyone still using one?

Hey All,
I did a search on the Porter cable 7529 and most of the comments I saw
were from 7 or more years ago from a lot of names I no longer see.
(Hey Lew, I saw your post as well!)
Anyway, I picked one up from an estate sale and though I don't need it
I thought I would add it to my router arsenal (3 other PC routers that
work as they should with no end in sight). I used it tonight for the
first time and was not very happy with the way it performed and its
difficulty in adjustments.
Anybody still running theirs? Anyone have good or bad comments?
Thanks in advance,
Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

"marc rosen" wrote

I did a search on the Porter cable 7529 and most of the comments I saw
were from 7 or more years ago from a lot of names I no longer see.
(Hey Lew, I saw your post as well!)
Anyway, I picked one up from an estate sale and though I don't need it
I thought I would add it to my router arsenal (3 other PC routers that
work as they should with no end in sight). I used it tonight for the
first time and was not very happy with the way it performed and its
difficulty in adjustments.
Anybody still running theirs? Anyone have good or bad comments?
Thanks in advance,

I bought one at a garage sale three, four years ago and now only use it
occasionally since I purchased a Multi-Router. Mainly, I used it's plunge
ability, along with jigs, to do mortises for loose tenon joinery, mainly in
end grain..

Most obvious issue/problem is the damn plastic knobs keep breaking off and
ultimately require a wrench to work. It is also a klutzy PIA to adjust, but
once it's setup it did an adequate job of the above.

IIRC, I only paid about $25 for it, so I'm basically satisfied with the
price/performance ratio, and I got at least that much use out of it. Sorry
to say its overall quality is mediocre at best, and not up to the standards
of the other, older PC routers I own.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:
Hey All,
I did a search on the Porter cable 7529 and most of the comments I saw
were from 7 or more years ago from a lot of names I no longer see.
(Hey Lew, I saw your post as well!)
Anyway, I picked one up from an estate sale and though I don't need it
I thought I would add it to my router arsenal (3 other PC routers that
work as they should with no end in sight). I used it tonight for the
first time and was not very happy with the way it performed and its
difficulty in adjustments.
Anybody still running theirs? Anyone have good or bad comments?
Thanks in advance,
Marc

I have mine and use it regularly. It did all of this...
http://www.mikedrums.com/bookcases.jpg

I got sick of the switch problem and Porter Cable's constant denial of
it, so I finally opened it up, diagnosed the problem myself and fixed
it. The simplicity of the fix should be an embarrassment to PC.

While I had it open, I also modified it so I can adjust the height while
mounted in a table, from the top of the table.

If you're interested in either fix, let me know. I may open it back up
and take come pictures.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Most obvious issue/problem is the damn plastic knobs keep breaking off and
ultimately require a wrench to work.

For what it's worth, a little epoxy solved that issue for me.

Sorry
to say its overall quality is mediocre at best, and not up to the standards
of the other, older PC routers I own.

I'd probably have to agree.
I have a sneaking suspicious that when I get a real quality router,
I'm going to be very surprised at what they are "supposed" to operate
like.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"marc rosen" wrote

I did a search on the Porter cable 7529 and most of the comments I
saw
were from 7 or more years ago from a lot of names I no longer see.
(Hey Lew, I saw your post as well!)

It was/is a POS straight out of the factory box.

Time doesn't change that.

Near as I can remember, basically an over priced Craftsman.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 10:02*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

If you're interested in either fix, let me know. *I may open it back up
and take come pictures.

I still use mine on a regular basis. It had been rehabilitated by PC
when they had a rash of them that were returned because of a bad
microprocessor that controlled the speed when under load. Woodcraft
had them for $89, so I bit.

I like the router overall. Don't like the goofy switch, but I am used
to it. I would love to see what you did to yours as mine is still
going strong after about 5 years or so. I have it set up and only use
it for mortising door butts for door replacements. The good part
about this router is once set, it stays set.

But that brings me to a problem I have. That thing is the most
cranky, unresponsive tool I own when try to use the fine adjustment
for depth. Most of the time (98% ?) it simply doesn't work. So I
wind up using the turret adjustment on the quickstops built into the
base. I would love to fine adjust with the knob, but gave up long
ago. Even following the instructions (*gasp*) didn't make things any
better or shed any light on things.

Got any thoughts on that? Is this where you applied the epoxy you
spoke of?

I like the router overall, and it does good for what it is. But I was
in love the first time I turned on my DeWalt 3hp variable, one that
was purchased when they were made by Elu in Switzerland. Same size,
same weight, positive adjustments, runs smooth as a watch and has a
lot more power than the old 7529.

Any thought on the adjustments (or lack thereof in my case!) and
possible switch upgrades/mods/fixes would be appreciated.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

Got any thoughts on that? Is this where you applied the epoxy you
spoke of?

The knob that tightens down the quickstop rod kept coming off-- the
plastic would come loose from the brass threaded insert. I epoxy'd
those together and it's stayed put.

I would love to fine adjust with the knob, but gave up long
ago. Even following the instructions (*gasp*) didn't make things any
better or shed any light on things.

Any thought on the adjustments (or lack thereof in my case!) and
possible switch upgrades/mods/fixes would be appreciated.

Robert

It would be nice if they'd put a course and fine adjustment on the
thing, huh? I guess I've just gotten good at turning it "a little."
That ring on top with the scale that shows 32nds is accurate. Here are
two things I did at the same time that helped with micro-adjustments.

When I took it apart to fix the switch (since you're not having that
issue, I'll assume *they* fixed it) I also decided to put a slot in the
height adjustment rod, which is the long bolt that is twisted when you
turn the height adjust knob. I cut (hacksaw worked great) a slot to
receive a slotted screwdriver head or bit.

I also spread a very high quality, low viscosity grease on the threads
of the rod, before I re-assembled it.

Then I bored a hole in the table insert plate, at the spot right above
(when mounted in table) the adjustment rod. Now I can stick a flathead
screwdriver down there or a long slotted bit in a ratcheted driver or
whatever, and turn the height adjustment rod from above the table. The
extra torsion and leverage of a right-angle attachment (or ratchet)
gives you a *lot* more control over the movement and lets you do very
fine adjustments.

Both things really improved its adjustability.

Bonus info: :-) ...... I installed a 3/8" brass threaded insert into
the hole I bored in the base plate. It accepts a allen head set screw
to keep dust from going down into the router, and it accept a Starter Pin.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 14, 12:37*am, -MIKE- wrote:

Mike - thanks for taking the time to reply.

It would be nice if they'd put a course and fine adjustment on the
thing, huh? *

It is supposed to have one now, mine just doesn't work.

I guess I've just gotten good at turning it "a little."
That ring on top with the scale that shows 32nds is accurate. *Here are
two things I did at the same time that helped with micro-adjustments.

SNIP of explanation

I am not following. Are you viewing this from the upside down
position? It sounds like your machine is table mounted, therefore
inverted. My reference is upright since I use it as a hand held only.

I wouldn't be averse to this fix (adjusting the router from underneath
the base when upright) since the adjustments don't work at all now.
It would sure add a lot to the versatility of this machine if I you
could actually fine adjust it.

I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly what you are
saying.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
It would be nice if they'd put a course and fine adjustment on the
thing, huh?

It is supposed to have one now, mine just doesn't work.

Just so we're on the same page here...
Do you think that outer ring with the on the height adjustment knob is
used for fine adjustment?
If so, you're in good company with every other owner who sat and spun
that ring, wondering how long you had to spin it, before the height
would change. "Man, this *is* a fine adjustment, it's hardly moving!"
:-) That's what I thought.....

Until I realized that it's *just a gauge.* That outer ring isn't
adjusting anything, it's just a little ruler that shows you how far up
or down the bit has travels while turning the *real* adjustment knob. As
far as I know, it's the same on any 7529, type I, II, or III.

Now, while perusing the net for pictures of this thing, I just noticed
that on some models, this ring doesn't even have numbers, just little
detent markings. Does yours look like this....

....with the measurement markings:
http://tool-corral.com/shopsite_sc/s...dia/pc8529.jpg
or like this, without the measurments:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...2L._SS500_.jpg

That could explain some of the confusion.

I guess I've just gotten good at turning it "a little."
That ring on top with the scale that shows 32nds is accurate. Here are
two things I did at the same time that helped with micro-adjustments.

SNIP of explanation

I am not following. Are you viewing this from the upside down
position? It sounds like your machine is table mounted, therefore
inverted. My reference is upright since I use it as a hand held only.

I wouldn't be averse to this fix (adjusting the router from underneath
the base when upright) since the adjustments don't work at all now.
It would sure add a lot to the versatility of this machine if I you
could actually fine adjust it.

I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly what you are
saying.

Robert

Before we go any further, I want to make sure you are clear that the
ring around the micro adjustment knob is just a measurement gauge and
not, another, extra, super-fine adjustment.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice book cases Mike. Yes, I'd like to see how you modifed the
height adjustment but I probably won't spend much time with this
router unless I can get the speed control under "control".
Nailshooter typed about the microprocessor speed control. The first
thing that made me think this router was bad was it bogging down while
I tried to rout half blind dovetails in maple. I thought I was going
to stall it out, even when making light passes. It was able to round
over oak with a half inch radius cutter but the dovetailing was not
going to happen.
Unless I can get a speed controller fix this router will probably go
to "parts city".
Thanks to everyone else for their responses.
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:
Nice book cases Mike. Yes, I'd like to see how you modifed the
height adjustment but I probably won't spend much time with this
router unless I can get the speed control under "control".
Nailshooter typed about the microprocessor speed control. The first
thing that made me think this router was bad was it bogging down while
I tried to rout half blind dovetails in maple. I thought I was going
to stall it out, even when making light passes. It was able to round
over oak with a half inch radius cutter but the dovetailing was not
going to happen.
Unless I can get a speed controller fix this router will probably go
to "parts city".
Thanks to everyone else for their responses.
Marc

Thanks for the compliment.

Let me ask you if you've ever had problems with the switch.
The reason I ask is because I *thought* mine had the microprocessor
problem I had read about on the internet, but it was actually just the
switch. And I'm guessing there are a lot of other 7529 owners out there
who had their processors swapped out only to have the problem stick
around.

Has it ever felt like you had to hold the trigger down extra hard in
order for it to stay on? Or it would work fine when the switch was held
down, but the get screwy when you engaged the switch lock mechanism?
Here's the deal with the switch (and since I'm taking it apart to take
pics of the height adjustment mod, I'll take pics of ther switch mod,
too.)...
There are actually two switches in one, side by side. I don't have
schematics in front of me and I'm not knowledgeable enough in
electronics to give a proper explanation of the theory behind it, but I
do know that both switches have to be fully engaged for it to work
properly.

When I was inside the router, I noticed that a lot of the time both
switches were not pressed in fully by the cam mechanism that pushes them
in when the trigger was depressed with my thumb. I also noticed that
even if both switches were fully engaged when the trigger was depressed
with my thumb, when I set the trigger lock and took off my thumb, the
cam would relax a little, partly disengaging one or both switches.

I noticed that it acted very erratic at different speeds depending on
the whether nor not both switches were fully engaged. It would rev up
and rev down imitating what a router does when bogged down.

ALL IT TOOK to fix this problem was to make a plastic shim and jam it
between the housing and the back of the switches, pushing the switches
out a little so they fully engage when pressed by the cam. That's the
kind of thing that happens when things are designed solely on a
computer. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 14, 12:22*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

Until I realized that it's *just a gauge.* That outer ring isn't
adjusting anything, it's just a little ruler that shows you how far up
or down the bit has travels while turning the *real* adjustment knob. As
far as I know, it's the same on any 7529, type I, II, or III.

Beats me, that's for sure.

...with the measurement markings:http://tool-corral.com/shopsite_sc/s...dia/pc8529.jpg

Definitely, this one.

Before we go any further, I want to make sure you are clear that the
ring around the micro adjustment knob is just a measurement gauge and
not, another, extra, super-fine adjustment.

The knob on mine has not only measurements around the knob, but
instructions.

This may be where I am screwed up. The knob in question has "UP" with
an arrow indicating direction of turn, and "DOWN with its own arrow.
So the knob shows direction to pull the machine up and down.

Further, it has " One revolution = 1/8" " painted on the knob as well.

I certainly DID assume with the directions on the knob it was for
raising and lowering.

So... enlighten me!

This irritated me so much thinking about it that at 1:45 in the
morning I went out in the shop and opened up the router box to take a
look at the machine.

I always thought this machine could be so much more.

For a while I thought about making one of these for the machine but
never did it:

http://eacmedia.net/manuals/shared/010.pdf

I am all ears over here.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Before we go any further, I want to make sure you are clear that the
ring around the micro adjustment knob is just a measurement gauge and
not, another, extra, super-fine adjustment.

The knob on mine has not only measurements around the knob, but
instructions.

This may be where I am screwed up. The knob in question has "UP" with
an arrow indicating direction of turn, and "DOWN with its own arrow.
So the knob shows direction to pull the machine up and down.

Further, it has " One revolution = 1/8" " painted on the knob as well.

I certainly DID assume with the directions on the knob it was for
raising and lowering.

So... enlighten me!

Yes, yes, you are correct, that is the height adjustment knob. Ok, now
see the "ring" around it that has the measurements? It spins separately
from the knob, right? That's the thing that a lot of people think is a
micro-adjustment, but it's just a gauge. My guess is you've known that
all along and I've just been confusing you. :-)

This irritated me so much thinking about it that at 1:45 in the
morning I went out in the shop and opened up the router box to take a
look at the machine.

I always thought this machine could be so much more.

For a while I thought about making one of these for the machine but
never did it:

http://eacmedia.net/manuals/shared/010.pdf

I like that. But if someone's going to take all the effort and money to
produce that, they should just make the same thing to replace the
original inner threaded rod and knob. The modification I did is only
advantageous if the router is mounted upside down in a table. But now
that I think about it, the same notch could probably be put in the top
of that threaded rod, and adjusted from the top as well.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 15, 11:50*am, -MIKE- wrote:

Yes, yes, you are correct, that is the height adjustment knob.

Well, crap. I was hoping for golden ray of knowledge to make that
router a better machine. At least the operator, anyway.

Ok, now
see the "ring" around it that has the measurements? It spins separately
from the knob, right? That's the thing that a lot of people think is a
micro-adjustment, but it's just a gauge. My guess is you've known that
all along and I've just been confusing you. :-)

Yeah.... but in fairness to your assumption, when I go the router, it
came with no docs as it was a recon. I did indeed spin away on that
damn thing, waiting for something to engage (my brain certainly
didn't) or to move.

WC wouldn't take it back since it still ran (and being a recon, they
waived their normal warranty since the sold them so cheap) and nothing
was obviously broken.

I found out the right way to adjust it after I had the damn thing for
a couple of years and thought to look up the manual on the internet.

I am thinking now of taking the springs out of mine since it is never
inverted. The adjustment is so hard to turn that it is distracting
when making a fine adjustment.

I may follow your thought though in disassembling and putting some
fine grease on the adjustment rod. I may actually be dry as a bone...
I never thought to look.

Thanks for the tips!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem. can you expand on the details?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ne-441650-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/19 9:14 AM, John Maldonado wrote:
replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem.Â* can you expand on the
details?

Well, it's been 10 years since I posted this and seeing that the
homeowners' hub forum conduit for this usenet group doesn't quote posts
in context, I can only guess that you're asking about my switch
modification.

Maybe if I'm out in the shop, today, I'll see if I can take the handle
apart and take some pictures to show you.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/19 10:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 9:14 AM, John Maldonado wrote:
replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem. can you expand on the
details?

Well, it's been 10 years since I posted this and seeing that the
homeowners' hub forum conduit for this usenet group doesn't quote posts
in context, I can only guess that you're asking about my switch
modification.

Maybe if I'm out in the shop, today, I'll see if I can take the handle
apart and take some pictures to show you.

I've been using one of these for years, never had any problems (knock on
wood). The first half of its life was in a router table until I got
tired of taking it out when I needed to free hand. Placed a Milwaukee in
the table and now use the PC when ever my Colt trimmer is too small for
the job. The controls are a bit odd, but I'm use to them. I rarely
change the speed and live in fear for the day the switch craps out, but
so far so good....

Having a repair procedure would be handy Mike!

-BR

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/19 11:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 9:14 AM, John Maldonado wrote:
replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem.Â* can you expand on the
details?

Well, it's been 10 years since I posted this and seeing that the
homeowners' hub forum conduit for this usenet group doesn't quote posts
in context, I can only guess that you're asking about my switch
modification.

Maybe if I'm out in the shop, today, I'll see if I can take the handle
apart and take some pictures to show you.

Alright, guys... here ya go!
https://youtu.be/ibpKLnqqJPg

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 17:30:47 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 1/19/19 11:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 9:14 AM, John Maldonado wrote:
replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem.* can you expand on the
details?

Well, it's been 10 years since I posted this and seeing that the
homeowners' hub forum conduit for this usenet group doesn't quote posts
in context, I can only guess that you're asking about my switch
modification.

Maybe if I'm out in the shop, today, I'll see if I can take the handle
apart and take some pictures to show you.

Alright, guys... here ya go!
https://youtu.be/ibpKLnqqJPg

Verbose you are, in a good way.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 1/19/19 11:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 9:14 AM, John Maldonado wrote:
replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem.* can you expand on the
details?

Well, it's been 10 years since I posted this and seeing that the
homeowners' hub forum conduit for this usenet group doesn't quote posts
in context, I can only guess that you're asking about my switch
modification.

Maybe if I'm out in the shop, today, I'll see if I can take the handle
apart and take some pictures to show you.

Alright, guys... here ya go!
https://youtu.be/ibpKLnqqJPg

Verbose you are, in a good way.

Entertaining, even though the subject wasn't a lot of interest. Much
better than most such tubes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/26/19 10:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, a bit of a small audience.
But to anyone who's had this problem, there's plenty of interest.

Great vid Mike, mucho Garcias!
-BR
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/27/19 10:09 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 1/26/19 10:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, a bit of a small audience.
But to anyone who's had this problem, there's plenty of interest.

Great vid Mike, mucho Garcias!
-BR

Just curious, do you have one of these routers with this problem?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/26/2019 6:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 11:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 9:14 AM, John Maldonado wrote:
replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem.Â* can you expand on the
details?

Well, it's been 10 years since I posted this and seeing that the
homeowners' hub forum conduit for this usenet group doesn't quote
posts in context, I can only guess that you're asking about my switch
modification.

Maybe if I'm out in the shop, today, I'll see if I can take the handle
apart and take some pictures to show you.

Alright, guys... here ya go!
https://youtu.be/ibpKLnqqJPg

Thanks for putting up that video. I've not (YET) had that problem but I
remember reading lots of complaints and wondering "Is this the time it
will fail?" every time I got out my PC7529. It was my first router and
always worked well, but it mostly sits in the case unless I specifically
need the plunge. Collected a few other routers since then.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 17:08:09 -0500, Larry Kraus
wrote:

On 1/26/2019 6:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 11:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

The plastic "fingers" that hold the microswitches (one for line and
one for neutral - double insulated tool) appear to have warped.
Placing the wedge between the "finger" and the base of the handle
would be a better fix. The wedge where it is will eventually cause the
mounting "finger" to move farther from it's original and intended
position, causing the top microswitch to again misbehave. Wedging it
against the switch has no downsides and will keep the switch in
position and functioning properly.

If "I" was doing it I'd likely remove the handle/switch assy (the
black piece) and drill and tap a hole in the grey plastic allowing me
th thread in a #8 or #10 screw to force the finger into place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 1/26/2019 6:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 11:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

With all due respect, Clare, I did this fix a decade ago and it's
performed perfectly ever since.
Both switches engage and travel a bit further using my fix, so I don't
see any reason to do it differently. I'm certain the travel of both
switches is well within the manufacturer's parameters for proper
functioning.

But thanks for the input, nonetheless!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/26/19 10:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, a bit of a small audience.
But to anyone who's had this problem, there's plenty of interest.

Great vid Mike, mucho Garcias!
-BR

Just curious, do you have one of these routers with this problem?

I have that router but never had the issue. I am certainly aware of the
problem as I have read about it in several places. I can fix most
anything mechanical/electrical but I don't enjoy fixing things that are
design defects and I have read (like you) that the "fix" is basically
replacing the speed control ($$$).

Due to all the warnings, I have always babied the controls to push the
eventual death event down the road. Having a fix in hand before this
happens is very handy.

-BR

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/26/19 10:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, a bit of a small audience.
But to anyone who's had this problem, there's plenty of interest.

Great vid Mike, mucho Garcias!
-BR

Just curious, do you have one of these routers with this problem?

I have that router but never had the issue. I am certainly aware of the
problem as I have read about it in several places. I can fix most
anything mechanical/electrical but I don't enjoy fixing things that are
design defects and I have read (like you) that the "fix" is basically
replacing the speed control ($$$).

Due to all the warnings, I have always babied the controls to push the
eventual death event down the road. Having a fix in hand before this
happens is very handy.

-BR

Once more, just out of curiosity...
Is yours a Type 1, 2, or 3?
It should say the type on the back label near the serial number.
Not anyone probably cares anymore, but I'm trying to determine if this
particular problem is unique to the model 1.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--

[...]