DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Long shot... Rockwell 9 tablesaw parts (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/263133-long-shot-rockwell-9-tablesaw-parts.html)

Ed Edelenbos October 21st 08 04:29 PM

Long shot... Rockwell 9 tablesaw parts

This is a long shot, but why not try. I have an older Rockwell Model 9
contractors saw. The elevating shaft has frozen in it's eccentric tube. I
tried for weeks, soaking in penetrating oil, heat, good old fashioned
banging. It is stuck and will never be useable again. Rockwell (Delta)
doesn't make that part anymore (they make the tube, but not the shaft and
associated gear and such). My local scrounge shop has one (a whole saw)
they'd sell me but I found a Powermatic for about the same money and bought
it. I'm still not giving up on finding a stray part... anyone have one or
know a potential source?

Ed
Baltimore

Morris Dovey October 21st 08 04:41 PM

Ed Edelenbos wrote:

I tried for weeks, soaking in penetrating oil, heat, good old
fashioned banging. It is stuck and will never be useable again.

That sounds a lot like how I described a rusted-in-place drill press
table/column to a friend who told me not to give up until I tried
PBlaster. I bought an aerosol can of the stuff and six hours later had
everything moving smoothly. Give it a try.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Lew Hodgett[_2_] October 21st 08 05:56 PM

"Ed Edelenbos" wrote:

The elevating shaft has frozen in it's eccentric tube. I tried for
weeks, soaking in penetrating oil, heat, good old fashioned banging.
It is stuck and will never be useable again.

Don't bet the farm.

If PB Blaster as Morris has suggested doesn't work, try Kroil from
Kano Labs in Nashville.

www.kanolabs.com

It has yet to let me down.

Lew

Ed Edelenbos October 21st 08 06:14 PM

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Ed Edelenbos" wrote:

The elevating shaft has frozen in it's eccentric tube. I tried for
weeks, soaking in penetrating oil, heat, good old fashioned banging. It
is stuck and will never be useable again.

Don't bet the farm.

If PB Blaster as Morris has suggested doesn't work, try Kroil from Kano
Labs in Nashville.

www.kanolabs.com

It has yet to let me down.

Lew

Thanks. PB is what I've been using. I'll look up the Kroil.

Ed

dpb October 21st 08 06:32 PM

Ed Edelenbos wrote:
Thanks. PB is what I've been using. I'll look up the Kroil.

It's hard to imagine a combination and some heat wouldn't un-seize it
altho I don't know the specific saw particulars to have more detailed
suggestions.