DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Planers (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/260253-planers.html)

SteveA[_2_] September 15th 08 02:17 AM

Planers

I am currently in the market for a new planer in the 15" range. I have seen
(online, not in person) the new one from Delta, X5 series, Model #
22-790X. I am hoping that someone that freqents the ng has bought one or
used/demo'ed one. As it is a new unit, I have been unable to get any reviews
at all. From other reviews, the unit that it is replacing had some major
issues, mostly with the bed and roller alignment. At 1200.00 I am not looing
for any headachs, just a unit that will perform the way it was designed.

I have not settled on this model yet, but it is a strong contender, also
looked at Grizzly, powermatic (not really looking to go another 1000 for
it..), but open to other suggestions. I do a lot of rough cut red oak, and
planing of doing some rought cut cherry in the near future for an upcoming
project. I think it is time to replace the 12.5 Delta portable...

Thats for any suggestions

SteveA