DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RO Sander and Speeds (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/260021-ro-sander-speeds.html)

rasberry September 11th 08 05:13 PM

RO Sander and Speeds

With a variable speed random orbital sander what speeds are used for
soft versus hard woods, rough stripping versus finishing etc. My sander
came with no recommendations.

Pat Barber September 11th 08 07:46 PM

RO Sander and Speeds

No real fixed numbers for either. Slower tends to work a
wee bit better for me but higher speeds also work as well.

You will notice that the sander is harder to control at
the higher speeds. This tends to wear the operator(you)
out.