DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Treadmill deck done (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/259944-treadmill-deck-done.html)

Eigenvector September 11th 08 02:16 AM

Treadmill deck done

The talked-to-death treadmill deck project is finished. I'm currently
tuning the belt on the treadmill, which might take a while, but the actual
deck appears to be rock solid.

Simple design, a composite deck made from 2 4'x10"x3/4" and 1 7" wide poplar
boards, with 2 cross braces added to the underside to take the load off the
glued joints and stiffen the deck overall.

Once I get the belt tuned I'll put it through it's paces and see how it
holds up to a workout, but if the small tests I did tuning the belt are any
indication it's a heck of a lot stronger than the MDF board.

Only remaining task for the deck is to apply a durable high-gloss finish to
reduce surface friction. I'm thinking paint, as wax would wear out too fast
and need re-application.