Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mentoring A Novice Woodworker - Web page about itMentoring A Novice WoodworkerMentoring A Novice Woodworker

Putting together a web page about this Linen Cabinet process took
almost as long to do as as was spent over the three day weekend.

In retrospect - a lot got covered and done.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/M...LinenCab1.html

Wonder how much will get done this coming weekend.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice job Charlie...

As always, a nice story with pictures helps explain what the
hell is going on.

I like it... get the rest of the story up when you can.

charlieb wrote:
Putting together a web page about this Linen Cabinet process took
almost as long to do as as was spent over the three day weekend.

In retrospect - a lot got covered and done.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/M...LinenCab1.html

Wonder how much will get done this coming weekend.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat:

Glad you liked it. This weekend we'll be doing the doors and maybe the
side panels using a Shaker raised panel bit from Sommerfeld or just a
cove bit if she decides to go with applied panels.

Will skip the rail and stile routing and just ease the edges of the
frames
a little or maybe a little chamfer and some chisel work in the corners.

If she goes with solid wood raised panels we'll get into edge joining
and panel glue up, maybe using biscuits or DOMONOs for alignment
- being careful of course to not put any where the panel bit will
be cutting (learned THAT lesson on the first panel do I did)

If we do the boards glue up first, then the door rails and stiles
we may be able to do the raised panel stuff Sunday. Wait 'til
she gets to the sanding. I don't mind hand sanding - but it drives
some folks nuts.

Interesting this mentoring thing. I'm relearning stuff I've not done
for a while and the mentoree is enjoying making her own piece of
furniture - start to finish.

She keeps saying "I'm never going to remember all this stuff!"

"Don't worry about that. Some of it will stick and the rest won't
take much to bring back. And it'll be on my website for you, and
anyone else who wants to use it, anyway. Enjoy and don't worry
about a thing."
Posted to rec.woodworking

Interesting read Charlie, as usual - waiting for more..........

Vic

charlieb wrote:
Putting together a web page about this Linen Cabinet process took almost
as long to do as as was spent over the three day weekend.

In retrospect - a lot got covered and done.
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/M...LinenCab1.html

Wonder how much will get done this coming weekend.

Mentoring A Novice Woodworker charlieb Woodworking 7 September 3rd 08 02:53 PM
Novice woodworker wonders what tools I should buy sandy Woodworking 37 March 2nd 08 09:04 PM
PDU Help for a Novice AndyJ UK diy 8 November 23rd 06 09:51 PM
Novice woodworker advice tools, book, getting started, running a business [email protected] Woodworking 15 May 8th 05 05:14 AM
1st compressor for a novice woodworker Jason Antonitis Woodworking 3 March 19th 04 02:01 AM