Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Refinishing a piece of furniture - your advice please

A few years ago I made an oak dresser to match some existing furniture in
the bedroom. The furniture is now replaced by new furniture with a darker
cherry finish. When I did the oak dresser I put on some stain to match the
old furniture and two coats of poly. I would like to refinish the dresser I
made but it will be very hard to sand off the poly due to the shape of the
drawers (not simple flat surfaces). Do I have any choices or must I get that
poly off? I would like to put on a dye to cover up the oak grain as best I
can but I doubt I can just put that down on poly. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA.

Dick Snyder