DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Difference bewteen a Random Orbit Sander and a palm Sander? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/25737-difference-bewteen-random-orbit-sander-palm-sander.html)

Larry Bud January 5th 04 02:54 PM

Difference bewteen a Random Orbit Sander and a palm Sander?

So what's the main difference between the two? Do they each have their own uses?

Bob Kuphal January 5th 04 03:39 PM

Difference bewteen a Random Orbit Sander and a palm Sander?

Round verses square ? Sorry, could not resist, I have a bad head cold
and needed to LOL

--

Bob Kuphal -- Wisconsin

Remove DONT- -SPAM- to email the real server is dotnet.com

Lazarus Long January 5th 04 04:09 PM

Difference bewteen a Random Orbit Sander and a palm Sander?

I'm sure there's more, but a ROS cuts more aggressively than a palm
sander.

Tbone January 5th 04 06:31 PM

Difference bewteen a Random Orbit Sander and a palm Sander?

I can't claim to be an expert on this but a palm sander is usually smaller
and the sanding material moves in only one direction. Random orbital, as
the name implies, moves the sanding material in a random fashion and helps
to prevent sanding marks. I personally find that the random orbital removes
materials faster and is good for sanding of larger flat areas and my palm
sander does well in small areas and light final sanding.

om...