DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Opinions on Grizzly G1182HW Jointer (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/25705-opinions-grizzly-g1182hw-jointer.html)

GBsCards January 4th 04 11:50 PM

Opinions on Grizzly G1182HW Jointer

I am in dire need of a jointer (among many other things). The Grizzly seems to
have a decent reputation and the price is quite fair I think. I have about
1000.00 to be split between a jointer and a new table saw. I now have a POS
Craftsman that worked well for its purpose.

My rational was that I want to spend the bulk of the money on the TS (either a
used Uni or possibly General). Of course I would like to have an 8" jointer,
but price dictates the quality of the TS.

Am I going about this correctly, and what are owners (I appreciate people's
never used this product). Also, are the handwheels preferable over the levers?
I just assumed the wheels were better.

Thanks for replies. I'll read all with interest.

RTH January 6th 04 01:55 AM

Opinions on Grizzly G1182HW Jointer

Previously owned a 1182 that I sold to upgrade to a Grizz 8" jointer. Have no
complaints and would either again. Only change would probably get handwheels..
Also own a Grizz bandsaw and spindle sander.
Grizzly customer service has always been very prompt when I needed information.
Get a jointer pal to help set the knives.

RT