Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta ss350 scroll saw circuit board repair

I have a Delta SS350 scroll saw whose speed control is not working
properly.

Has anyone repaired one of these?

If so, the details of the control board would be of interest to me.

Thanks

TMT
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

I have a Delta SS350 scroll saw whose speed control is not working
properly.

Has anyone repaired one of these?

If so, the details of the control board would be of interest to me.

General practice dictates replacement, not field repair, of PC boards.

Has to do with using wide tolerance componets except for the last
resistor and or capicator on the board.

--
Regards,

Lew Hodgett
Box 2302
Whittier, CA, 90610-2302
E-Mail:
Thanks

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 21, 6:15*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:
I have a Delta SS350 scroll saw whose speed control is not working
properly.

Has anyone repaired one of these?

If so, the details of the control board would be of interest to me.

General practice dictates replacement, not field repair, of PC boards.

Has to do with using wide tolerance componets except for the last
resistor and or capicator on the board.

--
Regards,

Lew Hodgett
Box 2302
Whittier, CA, 90610-2302
E-Mail:

Thanks

TMT- Hide quoted text -

I checked and the replacement cost is about $80...if the board can be
found.

Checking the original board shows one IC...which has been defaced so
the user cannot substitute a new IC.

With crap like this, Delta is quickly losing me as a long time
customer.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:
[...]

Good suggestion...thanks...and I have thought about it.

I have not looked at the motor but it does have a photosensor inside
for feedback to the speed control board.

I will be considering this option along with possibily replacing the
entire motor assembly if required.

As I said this type of hassle is the reason why I have quit buying
tools from other manufacturers.

My time is worth money...and any company making it difficult to repair
tools guarantees me considering other vendors when new tool purchases
occur.

TMT