DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Teak oil vs. tung oil (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/253878-teak-oil-vs-tung-oil.html)

Mark June 24th 08 04:24 PM

Teak oil vs. tung oil

Greetings All,
I treated a piece of teak with tung oil 2 months ago and it has been
indoors since. The finish looked natural when it was applied, natural being
a light brown. Now I have noticed the piece is a deep, deep brown and no
longer looks like teak. Is that a normal reaction after tung oil is used?
I also have some teak oil, will that react the same? Never worked with
teak till now, so this is a learning experience for me. Thanks, Mark