DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Workmate WM425 vertical clamp truly vertical? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/25232-workmate-wm425-vertical-clamp-truly-vertical.html)

Ram December 25th 03 06:28 PM

Workmate WM425 vertical clamp truly vertical?

I bought a WM425 and have a question about the vertical clamping. I
find that once I pull the lever and make the bottom plank vertical,
there is a small horizontal "play" in the panel and it does not stay
rigidly vertical. (It tilts backwards slightly by 1/8 inch at the top
of the panel.) Therefore when I clamp something, the vertical panel
tilts backwards slightly and is not truly vertical. Is this a
"standard" feature or does it look like a defect I need to get fixed?
thanks - Ram.

David December 27th 03 02:43 AM

Workmate WM425 vertical clamp truly vertical?

I bought the same model today and had to take it back for a replacement.
When I went to assemble it the wood work surface had a huge amount of mold
or a fungus growing from it!!!

First time I have ever seen something like that