DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   More SketchUp Tutorials (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/249543-more-sketchup-tutorials.html)

Peter Bogiatzidis May 10th 08 06:10 PM

More SketchUp Tutorials

Hello,

For those here who are interested in SketchUp, take a look at the following
link.

http://www.garymkatz.com/recent_articles.html

Specifically, the "Using Layers to Create Animation" and "Drawing a Bookcase
Using Groups & Components" tutorials. They run around 30 and 40 minutes
respectively. There are also other SketchUp models on his site.

Thanks go to RicodJour, who originally posted the link in response to the
"Hinge Question" by Chris Wolf. I wouldn't have found the tutorials
otherwise.

Peter.

RicodJour May 10th 08 10:35 PM

More SketchUp Tutorials

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:

For those here who are interested in SketchUp, take a look at the following
link.

http://www.garymkatz.com/recent_articles.html

Specifically, the "Using Layers to Create Animation" and "Drawing a Bookcase
Using Groups & Components" tutorials. They run around 30 and 40 minutes
respectively. There are also other SketchUp models on his site.

Thanks go to RicodJour, who originally posted the link in response to the
"Hinge Question" by Chris Wolf. I wouldn't have found the tutorials
otherwise.

That link didn't really have much at all to do with Chris Wolf's hinge
question, but I thought it was pretty neat anyway and I'm glad it
turned you on to something. I do like what that Gary guy does with
SketchUp, though I haven't checked out his tutorials. I'll check them
out next opportunity.

Jeff Gorman May 11th 08 08:41 AM

More SketchUp Tutorials

"Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote

For those here who are interested in SketchUp, take a look at the
following link.

http://www.garymkatz.com/recent_articles.html

Regarding Sketch Up, can anyone tell me whether the free version enables one
to draw with a variety of line thicknesses?

Jeff

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Marc Britten May 12th 08 06:20 PM

More SketchUp Tutorials

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:41:38 +0100, Jeff Gorman wrote:

Regarding Sketch Up, can anyone tell me whether the free version enables
one to draw with a variety of line thicknesses?

Not that I've seen, though its not high on my feature priority list.

Chris Dubea May 16th 08 10:09 PM

More SketchUp Tutorials

wrote:

Regarding Sketch Up, can anyone tell me whether the free version enables one
to draw with a variety of line thicknesses?

Jeff

Do you mean like the ability to control line thickness in AutoCAD or
other cad application? If so, no. But saying that Sketchup really
isn't a CAD application.

Sketchup is a 3D modeling program that can use dimensions. There
aren't any 2D drawings to speak of in the traditional sense,

Chris