Old December 11th 03, 09:06 PM
Silvan

Default Gluing fabric to wood

Go to the local craft store get some Aleene's Original Tacky Glue. A
reallyhorrible glue for the shop but a great glue for fabric to wood

gluing. Real good open time, easy to make corrections in the placement of

I keep reading everything in reply. I need to find a new news server.

Anyway, I want to chip in my me too here. It's *great* stuff for this kind
of thing. I use it for sticking velvet to shellac-covered wood, and it
really does the trick.

The only problem is bleed-through. Little, widely spaced dots work best for
avoiding this. Easy does it. Don't press too hard.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Old December 11th 03, 10:04 PM
Vic Baron

Thanx for all the info. I'll check out the self adhesive for future projects
but I already have the felt purchased for this one. I'll test a few methods
and see what works best. Main concern is bleed through and setup time. I
ain't as quick as I used to be G.

Vic

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
. com...
I want to line some walnut boxes with green or red felt. What's the best

way
to do this? Would regular titebond glue work ok or should I look for
something else?

Thanx,

Vic Baron

--
Of course, I may be wrong, I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Old December 12th 03, 12:22 AM
ChairMan

In om,
Vic Baron spewed forth and said:
Thanx for all the info. I'll check out the self adhesive for future
projects but I already have the felt purchased for this one. I'll
test a few methods and see what works best. Main concern is bleed
through and setup time. I ain't as quick as I used to be G.

Vic

You can also try some wallpaper paste