DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bamboo (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/243151-bamboo.html)

trvlnmny April 10th 08 11:29 PM

Bamboo

I would like to try using bamboo. Does anyone have any experience with
this?. What are the pros and cons?
Where would I go to buy it?
Thanks?

Woodson April 10th 08 11:45 PM

Bamboo

I did a kitchen in Bamboo last February, and I used Teragren. They are
based in Bainbridge Island, Wash. I bought it from Brady Hardwoods in Kent,
Wash.

We used Verticle Grain Solid Stock Panel, Carmelized. NOTE: Understand the
diference between "Solid Stock Panel" and "Panel" before you order. 3/4" x
4' x 8' Solid Stock Panel ran about $275.00/ Sheet.

I ripped face frame stock out of the sheets and built face frames with
pocket screws.Worked Great!

I finished it with 4 coats M.L.Campbells Ultrastar Water-Born Satin lacquer.

The stuff is Heavy. It works easy, but it will burn if you hesitate. It
sands like a dream:

Good Luck! Woodson

Lew Hodgett[_2_] April 11th 08 12:29 AM

Bamboo

"trvlnmny" wrote:

I would like to try using bamboo. Does anyone have any experience
with
this?. What are the pros and cons?
Where would I go to buy it?

Years ago, hand some 9 ft, jointed bamboo cane poles.

Very nice for Crappie fishing.

Lew

B A R R Y April 11th 08 11:53 AM

Bamboo