Matt Aversano

Default Delta (34-444) and Vega Fence Setup

I purchased a 10 year old used Delta Contracter Saw Model 34-444. A
Vega U26 Fence came with the saw. I was checking the alignment of the
fence and noticed the following:

If I align the fence with the mitre slot, the fence is exactley
parallel. If I move the fence out to about 24" and measure from the
fence to the same mitre slot, the front and back measurements differ
by about 1/32". Could the rail be slighlty tweaked?

Is 1/32" an issue? If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks
Matt
Ben Fox

If it's like the Vega fence I had on my Jet cabinet saw,yes if the front
rail is slightly closer or farther from the front of the saw table on the
right end it could cause your fence to be out of parallel. Mine had 3
mounting points if I remember correctly and the far right one could be in or
out too far.
Ben fox

om...