DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Battery/Charger compatibilty (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/24089-battery-charger-compatibilty.html)

Tony November 29th 03 10:01 PM

Battery/Charger compatibilty

In searching for information about replacing my battery charger for my
B & D cordless Drill, I see a lot of hits in this newsgroup. I have
the B & D Firestorm PS140 batteries. It appears the DeWalt DW9116
charger is the correct replacement charger, but I was not 100% sure.
Just wanted to confirm if anyone knows if this is the correct charger
for these batteries.

Thanks!

DJ Delorie November 29th 03 10:16 PM

Battery/Charger compatibilty

I just spent $130 and got a universal nicd/nimh/pb/lion charger.
It charges up to 24 cells (28v) and includes diagnostics and cycling,
but runs off a car battery. Look for R/C hobby chargers ;-)

I got the Triton charger by Electrifly, from helihobby.com. I can
program the charge rate, but it can charge my 18v drill in 20 minutes,
and it tells me how many mAH it put into the battery.