Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wanted: Cast iron top for Delta 36-650 tablesaw

"news.ida.net" wrote in message
I need a replacement top that will fit a 36-650 delta tablesaw.

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/serv...ookieSupport=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

I need a replacement top that will fit a 36-650 delta tablesaw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Bob

Its got about a 8" long and 1/4" deep concaved dip just to the right of the
blade. Looks like whoever owned it before me had a feeder on it, or
something, as its also got 4 holes tapped at the back of the top behind the
dip.

Its about as useless as a top can get I guess. Blanchard grind is $175, and
Im not even sure there's enough material there to grind out a 1/4" dip? Im
hoping someone out there somewhere has an old top laying around that will
fit. Anyway, thanks for the response.

"BobS" wrote in message

"news.ida.net" wrote in message
I need a replacement top that will fit a 36-650 delta tablesaw.

Google for "resurfacing a tablesaw top"

Unless the top is broken in some manner that makes it totally useless,
have a machine shop regrind it for you if it's really out of specs. If
it's just scratches or rust, you can clean that up yourself. While it's
nice to have a perfectly flat tabletop, I doubt there is such a thing.

Bob S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"BobS" wrote in message

"news.ida.net" wrote in message
I need a replacement top that will fit a 36-650 delta tablesaw.

Google for "resurfacing a tablesaw top"

Unless the top is broken in some manner that makes it totally useless,
have a machine shop regrind it for you if it's really out of specs. If
it's just scratches or rust, you can clean that up yourself. While it's
nice to have a perfectly flat tabletop, I doubt there is such a thing.

Bob S.

Bob you might try some of the material that is used to build up worn metal
shafts. The product is Belzona 1111 Super metal.. We use to build up 4 inch
shafts where bearings had done severe damage to shafts. It was a 2 part
paste product that could be machined or drilled and tapped.. Clean and rough
the bad portion of the top with coarse sandpaper. fasten the sandpaper on
something long enough to reach across to the good part of the top and sand
flush.

Virgle