DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   jointer problem (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/24021-jointer-problem.html)

Rick Swartout November 28th 03 03:08 AM

jointer problem

I am sure this is not a real complicated problem, I suspect the outfeed
table is to high. When jointing about a 36" piece the last 4" or so doesn't
clean up . When I 180 the piece the same problem comes up, no clean up on
the last 4" . Bought the jointer at a school auction (Rockwell-Delta 6" )
Replaced the gibs and tightened up any thing that had any play. Anybody have
any ideas on this problem ?

Brian in Vancouver, BC November 28th 03 07:41 AM

jointer problem

Yes, I do. You need to tune it up. In particular you need to align the
outfeed table with the top of the blades.
Here is a link for tuning the jointer, which includes other steps you might
need to look at:
http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/T.../Jointers.html.
(That should be on one line.)

Brian