Doug White

Default Screw in Table Legs & Hardware?

Back when Constantines was still Constantines (a wonderful mail-order
woodworking hardware/supply outfit), they used to sell round tapered
table legs in several lengths. These had large lag bolts screwed in the
top, and there were matching mounting plates with two threaded holes.
One was square so the legs would be vertical, and one had a slight angle
to it so the legs would flair out.

I want to make some quicky desks for my two girls, and I was thinking
they would work OK until I have time to build something better.
Unfortunately, the new Constantines doesn't carry them, and a web search
turned up empty.

Does anyone know where I can get these anymore? The style was a bit
'50's, but they were quick and remarkably sturdy.

Doug White
Nova

Doug White wrote:

Back when Constantines was still Constantines (a wonderful mail-order
woodworking hardware/supply outfit), they used to sell round tapered
table legs in several lengths. These had large lag bolts screwed in the
top, and there were matching mounting plates with two threaded holes.
One was square so the legs would be vertical, and one had a slight angle
to it so the legs would flair out.

I want to make some quicky desks for my two girls, and I was thinking
they would work OK until I have time to build something better.
Unfortunately, the new Constantines doesn't carry them, and a web search
turned up empty.

Does anyone know where I can get these anymore? The style was a bit
'50's, but they were quick and remarkably sturdy.

Doug White

Home Depot sells turned legs in various lengths and styles. The hanger
bolts and brackets can be purchases there as well.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

George M. Kazaka

Ah yes Doug if there was ever an old time company that went to hell in a
hand basket it is Constatine
I though I was the only one that noticed.
Have been buying there ever since i can remember

Iron Coffee Table Legs E Woodworking 1 August 30th 03 08:14 PM
Ideas for kitchen table legs? UTRECHT Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 02:48 AM
Building an extension table. Rich Woodworking 2 July 18th 03 01:11 AM