DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FREE plans for a wooden briefcase (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/23713-free-plans-wooden-briefcase.html)

david syme November 20th 03 04:06 PM

FREE plans for a wooden briefcase

Anyone point me in the direction of FREE plans for a wooden briefcase?
Cheerz from Scotland

Larry C in Auburn, WA November 21st 03 12:18 AM

FREE plans for a wooden briefcase

This doesn't look very good or useful to me, but maybe it's just what you
want: http://www.calmplex.com/Andy_Briefcase.html with
http://www.calmplex.com/Andy_Brief_Details.html

Also, I think Wood magazine had an article about building one several years
ago, you might check their web site.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

om...

david syme November 21st 03 03:09 PM

"Larry C in Auburn, WA" wrote in message news:TRcvb.198617$9E1.1060979@attbi_s52...
This doesn't look very good or useful to me, but maybe it's just what you
want: http://www.calmplex.com/Andy_Briefcase.html with
http://www.calmplex.com/Andy_Brief_Details.html

Also, I think Wood magazine had an article about building one several years
ago, you might check their web site.

Many thanks for your help. The undernoted is the URL but it is not FREE.

http://woodstore.woodmall.com/woodstore/is41feb19.html

Mark Jerde November 21st 03 03:19 PM

david syme wrote:
Anyone point me in the direction of FREE plans for a wooden briefcase?
Cheerz from Scotland

This is OT but I got a chuckle out of it. It needs a shoulder strap... g

http://www.codesmiths.com/shed/things/steelcase/

-- Mark

david syme November 22nd 03 07:03 PM

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message ...
david syme wrote:
Anyone point me in the direction of FREE plans for a wooden briefcase?
Cheerz from Scotland

This is OT but I got a chuckle out of it. It needs a shoulder strap... g

http://www.codesmiths.com/shed/things/steelcase/

-- Mark

Thanks for the tip - I got a chuckle too but it is just too heavy!!!

Still no idea for FREE plans for a wooden briefcase?

Cheerz

Nova November 22nd 03 09:08 PM

david syme wrote:

Thanks for the tip - I got a chuckle too but it is just too heavy!!!

Years ago a friend made a wooden briefcase. I believe he used a plan from Rockler. I'm sure the wooden one was
lighter than a diamond plate steel one, but after carrying it for three or four blocks it sure didn't feel like
it.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Grandpa November 23rd 03 01:55 AM

FREE plans for a wooden briefcase

FWIW, Tandy Leather has a kit for making one with full leather insets
that need to be tooled.

[email protected] November 23rd 03 03:27 PM

FREE plans for a wooden briefcase

Woodsmith #44. Been thinking about making one, but I don't ever use
one, so it waits...

http://store.yahoo.com/backissuesstore/wsback44.html

T. November 23rd 03 09:34 PM

FREE plans for a wooden briefcase

Sat, Nov 22, 2003, 11:03am (EST-3)
(david=A0syme) wants to know:
snip Still no idea for FREE plans for a wooden briefcase?

Well, I don't know if your going to get any free briefcase plans,
other than what was already posted. But, if you're too cheap to pop for
pay briefcase plans, I'd suggest getting come cigar humidor plans,
plenty of free ones, and just scaling it to the size you want. Pput
latches and a handle on, should be quite spiffy.

JOAT
Of course I don't think you're a complete idiot. Some parts are
missing.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 23 Nov 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/