DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   anyone have any free plans for a billiard chair? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/23700-anyone-have-any-free-plans-billiard-chair.html)

Steve November 20th 03 05:59 AM

anyone have any free plans for a billiard chair?

A friend of mine and I are interested in building a couple of billiard
chairs so that we can have something to sit on while playing pool.
Hopefully he will be sitting down more than me.

Don't know if you've seen them but they have a notch in them where you
can rest the pool stick and sometimes have a hole in the arm or a
place to set a beverage (beer).

thanks for any info,

steve

T. November 20th 03 08:13 AM

anyone have any free plans for a billiard chair?

Thu, Nov 20, 2003, 5:59am (EST+5) (Steve) says:
snip Don't know if you've seen them but they have a notch in them
where you can rest the pool stick and sometimes have a hole in the arm
or a place to set a beverage (beer).

I've been a whole lot of pool halls, and even a few billiard
parlors, due to a well-spent youth. I have never seen a chair in any of
them with a notch - you were always expected to hold your cue. And, no
hole in the arm for a beverge.

I doubt you're gonna frind free plans for any, maybe even no pay
plans. I'd suggest just using bar stool plans.

JOAT
Of course I don't think you're a complete idiot. Some parts are
missing.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 15 Nov 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/

JGS November 20th 03 10:43 AM

anyone have any free plans for a billiard chair?

These are not free but you get a booklet with great plans for about $20.
It you find some free ones please post here. Cheers, JG

http://www.pooltableplans.com/ocpage.htm

Upscale November 20th 03 11:31 AM

anyone have any free plans for a billiard chair?

Someone could go with that, but my preference would be to design my own. I'd
incorporate support for a beverage, maybe a small tray for snack food and
make it swing away or fold down when it's not in use. A small slot for
holding the butt end of a cue would be easy to make. The great part about it
is that it could be a one of a kind, unique construction that no one else
owns. To me anyway, that's what woodworking is about about, making that
special item.

John November 20th 03 04:41 PM

Steve wrote in message . ..

Don't know if you've seen them but they have a notch in them where you
can rest the pool stick and sometimes have a hole in the arm or a
place to set a beverage (beer).

Steve,

I have a couple of the stools you mention. The ones with coasters and
notches builtin. A bought them with my pool table long before I was
ever involved with woodworking. Looking at them now, there fairly
simply engineered. Go into a billard supply store and take a look at
thiers, it should be easy to sketch down enough info to build them.
Mine are just fairly square stock, with notched plowed out to put the
pieces together. Assemply seems to held together with glue and screws
and then the screw holes were plugged.

If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll draw you a quick
diagram this weekend and post it.

Jo