Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default Porter-Cable Omnijig--Worth it?

Hey all,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on a decent dovetail jig. It looks
like the PC Omnijig has all the bells and whistles to make even me look
good. Now the 24 inch version has been slated for release several times
and now scheduled for sale in late February. Anyone think it would be
worth the wait? The instruction video, starring Norm, makes it look
almost foolproof. Anyone have any experience with the 16 inch version?
Is it worth the $450? Is there anything better out there?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
Is it worth the $450? Is there anything better out there?

Only you can determine that. It is not worth it for me, but I don't build a
lot of things that need dovetails. Maybe you do.

Posted to rec.woodworking, alt.home.repair, alt.building.construction
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 3, 5:12*pm, Mark Witczak wrote:
Hey all,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on a decent dovetail jig. It looks
like the PC Omnijig has all the bells and whistles to make even me look
good. Now the 24 inch version has been slated for release several times
and now scheduled for sale in late February. Anyone think it would be
worth the wait? The instruction video, starring Norm, makes it look
almost foolproof. Anyone have any experience with the 16 inch version?
Is it worth the $450? Is there anything better out there?

Thanks,
Mark

Lots of good advice here, but have you asked over at rec.woodworking?

Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Feb 4, 11:44 am, Joe wrote:

Lots of good advice here, but have you asked over at rec.woodworking?

He got it here, Joe. He just crossposted to two other groups in
addition to the one I picked it up on, rec.woodworking.

Robert

FS: Porter Cable 557 Jim Bailey Woodworking 2 August 2nd 07 07:46 PM
What's up with Porter-Cable? PPT33R Metalworking 18 February 13th 05 05:35 PM
What's up with Porter-Cable? PPT33R Woodworking 16 February 13th 05 05:35 PM
Porter Cable Mike Reed Woodworking 3 January 25th 05 07:03 PM
Porter Cable Omnijig MikeK Woodworking 16 December 26th 04 09:29 AM