Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hitachi CF75 Blade Kinked - is is fixable

Folks I have a Hatachi CF75 3" Stellite Resaw Blade and the other day
I was cutting up some roughly 6" size hickory disks to use in my
smoker when the blade jammed and it now has a small kink in it.

Is there a way to remove this kink such as heating and shrinking or is
the blade a total loss. It still runs and cuts but obvioulsy makes a
slapping noise when the kinked section goes through the guides.

Thanks for the help.

Paul Maples
Posted to rec.woodworking

wheelterrapin wrote:
Folks I have a Hatachi CF75 3" Stellite Resaw Blade and the other day
I was cutting up some roughly 6" size hickory disks to use in my
smoker when the blade jammed and it now has a small kink in it.

Is there a way to remove this kink such as heating and shrinking or is
the blade a total loss. It still runs and cuts but obvioulsy makes a
slapping noise when the kinked section goes through the guides.

Thanks for the help.

Paul Maples

Normally it's not cost effective to straighten/sharpen a hobbyist type
band saw blade. At the approximate cost of $135 for the blade you have
I'd start calling saw sharpening services in the area to see if they can
straighten it.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 1, 8:06*pm, Nova wrote:
wheelterrapin wrote:
Folks I have a Hatachi CF75 3" Stellite Resaw Blade and the other day
I was cutting up some roughly 6" size hickory disks to use in my
smoker when the blade jammed and it now has a small kink in it.

Is there a way to remove this kink such as heating and shrinking or is
the blade a total loss. It still runs and cuts but obvioulsy makes a
slapping noise when the kinked section goes through the guides.

Thanks for the help.

Paul Maples

Normally it's not cost effective to straighten/sharpen a hobbyist type
band saw blade. *At the approximate cost of $135 for the blade you have
I'd start calling saw sharpening services in the area to see if they can
straighten it.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Thanks Jack for the input, my problem is that I do not think there is
any local saw sharpening services in my area but I will check around.
I live in a small town.

Paul
Posted to rec.woodworking

wheelterrapin wrote:
[...]

Paul...

....For as much as one of those blades will cost you, I suspect that your
idea of "my area" will grow by several miles. I'm gonna guess that one
blade will set you back up to close to $150usd and for that knid of money,
I'll drive an hour to find a blade shop.

If you were to give us an idea of where you are, we might know somewhere to
send you to get your blade fixed up. Altho I will say that the outfit I go
to can do some great things with bandsaw blades, they are never quite
perfect, so for my little 14" machine, I tried it once and realized that it
just wasn't cost effective...but I can get a new blade for $25usd or so.

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 2, 10:20*pm, "The Davenport's" wrote:
wheelterrapin wrote:
[...]

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Mike,

I live in Central Arkansas in a little town called Searcy, Arkansas
which is about 50 miles NE of Little Rock.

Paul

VHS player fixable? dave UK diy 5 June 1st 07 07:27 PM
Is this fixable? [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 December 6th 06 12:07 AM
C-5 crash...Fixable? Tom Gardner Metalworking 43 April 6th 06 10:49 PM
Kinked Hep2O pipe [email protected] UK diy 5 March 5th 06 12:05 AM
Key on phone fixable? lucky Home Ownership 2 September 12th 03 12:18 AM