DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sabre saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/229433-sabre-saw.html)

[email protected] January 11th 08 04:38 AM

sabre saw

What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. I keep seeing
the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good
reviews, what do you all think?

J. Clarke January 11th 08 07:09 AM

sabre saw

wrote:
What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. I keep
seeing
the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good
reviews, what do you all think?

"Best jigsaw under 100" is like "most chaste prostitute". There may
be such a thing but the distinction is of at best academic interest.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Rod & Betty Jo January 11th 08 10:44 AM

sabre saw

wrote in message
What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. I keep seeing
the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good
reviews, what do you all think?

Bosch 1587AVSK Top-Handle Jig Saw Kit
$89.00 Amazon

My skill worm drive circular saw is great but a Skill 1/2 drill was a piece
of crap and burned out after a very short time....I wouldn't trust any
consumer grade Skill product.

The Bosch 1587(older model) or the 1590(newer model) hands down has the best
reputation.....Rod

RayV January 11th 08 02:39 PM

sabre saw

On Jan 10, 11:38*pm, wrote:
What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. *I keep seeing
the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good
reviews, what do you all think?

Bosch

I have the one with the handle but if I were to do it again I would
seriously consider the barrel grip.

Gerald Ross[_2_] January 11th 08 10:29 PM

sabre saw

wrote:
What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. I keep seeing
the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good
reviews, what do you all think?

How thick a piece of wood will the laser cut? ;)

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my
clothes.

mac davis[_2_] January 12th 08 01:41 AM

sabre saw

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:29:41 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

wrote:
What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. I keep seeing
the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good
reviews, what do you all think?

How thick a piece of wood will the laser cut? ;)

I think it's to preheat the grain before you cut it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

[email protected] February 29th 08 12:07 AM

sabre saw

On Jan 10, 11:38*pm, wrote:
What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100. *I keep seeing
the Skil var speed with laser for around fifty with fairly good
reviews, what do you all think?

look at newer quetion on Jigsaws
FYI jigsaws and Sabre saw are the same thing

Andy Dingley February 29th 08 12:49 AM

sabre saw

On 11 Jan, 04:38, wrote:
What would be the best scrolling jigsaw for under 100.

Who cares?

Get a Bosch barrel body (i.e. one made in the Scintilla factory), or
maybe the good Makita. No doubt the Fein / Festool fans have their
favourites too. Anything less than this just isn't playing in the same
league though. A jigsaw is one hand power tool where buying one of the
good ones just works far better than you'd believe, until you'd tried
it. You don't have to pay Festool money, but you do have to get into
the Bosch £130 region.