DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bosche 4000 -7 table saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/22939-bosche-4000-7-table-saw.html)

Fred Wolf November 2nd 03 10:27 PM

Bosche 4000 -7 table saw

I am thinking about getting a Bosche 4000 , 10" table saw

The reviews on Amazon.com all are excellant...it does seem a bit oversized
to me,,

Home Depot has it on sale at $ 375 ,, thich is $125 cheaper than everywhere
else

Use would be amature stuff at home,, some portability is needed...ie too
heavy= NG. too light , = not accurate

any feedback or opinions ??

RWM November 3rd 03 02:40 AM

Bosche 4000 -7 table saw

I have the Bosch 4000 at a vacation home and think that it is a great saw.
I was surprised at how well thought out everything is. I find that it cuts
well, was easy to setup, and is accurate. I have the folding stand and
mostly use it for home improvement tasks. I don't have a permanent shop at
that house so I move it from site to site. I really have no complaints, but
I have only made a few cuts with the other portable saws, so they might be
great also.

I also have a unisaw with a large Laguna sliding table at my main shop, so I
do know what a powerful accurate tablesaw can do.

Steve Hopper November 4th 03 08:12 PM

Bosche 4000 -7 table saw

Good saw. I bought one, kept it two years, very satisfied with
it. Only sold it because I got a great deal on a Unisaw. That
is a great price. sdh.

David Binkowski November 5th 03 03:58 AM

Bosche 4000 -7 table saw

Dude! What HD are you talking about?
The ones by me (Northern Illinois) don't even carry that saw.

All the Menards do, and those Bosch's are never on sale.

So I installed it on Linux...