DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for adapter to go from Craftman router extension to Milwaukee router (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/22724-looking-adapter-go-craftman-router-extension-milwaukee-router.html)

Rich October 28th 03 03:42 PM

Looking for adapter to go from Craftman router extension to Milwaukee router

I am trying to mount my router to the router entension on my craftman
table saw. Of course the holes dont line up. I was told that my
router has the same holes as the porter cable. The table of course is
set up for a craftsman router.

I tried to order an adapter plate from Sears. However they are back
ordered 30 days.

Is there anyone else that I could buy this part from? I assume it is
nothing more then a metal plate with some threaded holes.. Is there
another way to mount this. I was thinking about drilling a hole or
two in the extension table to fit my router as two of the holes do
line up. I would only have to drill one hole for mounting and one
hole for the raiser that is built in to my router.

If there is an adapter I would rather do that then drill up the table.
Any ideas on how I can do this?

Since ridgid sells the same saw does anyone know if the Rigid sells
the router extension and therefore might have the same part? Has
anyone ever ordered this part from Ridgid?

David Hall October 30th 03 08:10 PM

(Rich) wrote in message . com...
[...]

I think a lot of Vermont America router accessories are based on the
Craftsman hole pattern - not sure though. My Sears store has always
had the router plate adaptors on the shelf, although I haven't looked
for a couple of years.