Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hitachi C10FL Tablesaw, Any Good?

I was browsing through Lowes last night and saw the Hitachi C10FL
tablesaw. I only looked at it briefly, but overall I was quite impressed
with it's features, and the $500 price tag didn't hurt either. (Keep in
mind, I'm currently using a cheap little 20+ year old Craftsman saw I
inherited from my Dad).

I liked:

- The motor is inside the cabinet, not hanging off the back. This would
let it fit in my garage better.

- The left-tilt mechanism (I don't like right tilts).

- The built-in wheel system for moving it around my garage.

- The fence seemed to move smoothly, it locked down tight, and the
"micro-adjust" seemed like it worked well.

- All controls were right up front, no leaning around the side to adjust
the bevel.

- The bevel angle is displayed through a little viewer on top of the
table.

- It ran off 120V (I don't have 220V outlets available).

The one weakness I saw:

- The max rip width appears to be about 24". Probably suitable for my
needs, but it would be nice to go to 30" or so on occasion.

However, I know features aren't everything, so I came home to do some
research online. But, I haven't been able to find much feedback on this
saw, other than a few comments on the inaccurate horsepower rating (which
I figured out on my own at the store). There don't seem to be any reviews
on the C10FL, even though it has apparently been on the market for a
couple of years now.

So, I'm curious if anyone here has used this saw and what you think of
it.

- Does it have any dust collection features?

- Are there any aftermarket accessories available, like zero clearance or
dado inserts, longer guide rails to extend the rip capacity, etc.?

I'm not really in the market for a saw now, and $500 is about my maximum
budget, but if the saw is really as good as it appears I might just
scrounge my penny's together and pick one up.

Thanks,

Anthony
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 1, 11:46 am, HerHusband wrote:
I was browsing through Lowes last night and saw the Hitachi C10FL
tablesaw. I only looked at it briefly, but overall I was quite impressed
with it's features, and the $500 price tag didn't hurt either. (Keep in
mind, I'm currently using a cheap little 20+ year old Craftsman saw I
inherited from my Dad).

The current issue of Tools & Shops by Fine Woodworking has a
comparison
of Hybrid Saws and lists the Hitachi C10LA model. It has a street
price
of $925. Looks like C10FL. They rate it's cutting power as fair and
say it has poor parallelism (required difficult adjustment).
Posted to rec.woodworking

One of my neighbors is a full time trim carpenter, and he has one of
those. He really likes it for a lot of different things, and has
found it to be well worth the money except for one thing.

He has occasion to rip 2" oak stock from time to time, and he said it
is pretty obviously underpowered for that, which seems to fall in line
with reviews of this machine.

Other than that, he likes it.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robert,

One of my neighbors is a full time trim carpenter, and he has one of
those. He really likes it for a lot of different things, and has
found it to be well worth the money except for one thing.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

He has occasion to rip 2" oak stock from time to time, and he said it
is pretty obviously underpowered for that, which seems to fall in line
with reviews of this machine.

My old Craftsman only has an 11amp direct drive motor (induction though),
so I suspect anything will be a power increase for me.

Other than that, he likes it.

At this point, the 24" rip capacity seems to be the biggest limitation for
me, but I can only go 25-26" or so on my current saw so I guess that's not
much of a difference. I suppose I could always replace the fence system at
some later date (like I did on my Craftsman cheapie).

I guess my biggest concern is reliability and how well it's built. My
Craftsman, though an obvious cheap junker, has lasted at least 20 years,
probably closer to 30 by now.

Anthony
Posted to rec.woodworking

I think you might be better off reading
the Tools and Shop Issue and comparing
all the Hybrid saws. The top choice saw
for quality and value was the Woodtek
Hybrid which they indicate has a street
price of a little over $700. The Woodtek
was rated as having the most power of
all the hybrids. If you really want cheap
you can get one of the new Craftsman
Hybrids on sale very cheaply and they
are much better than their old contractor
saws, and favorably mentioned by friends
who own them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I bought te chep hitachi table saw (200) about 2 years at lowes. I
must admit that for that much money, I got good value... But still
there were some issues:
1. users manual sucked - it was so badly printed some pages were
unreadable, and the parts listed in the front were numbered, but in
the diagrams letters were used (again and again)
2. The bed of the table had a few small scratches
3. there were extra screws rattling around in the box

I called hitachi, and found them less than responsive. Maybe you would
be happier with another company...
One thing. Whatever you buy, put a forrest blade in it. you'll be
happy

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

HerHusband wrote:
snip

My old Craftsman only has an 11amp direct drive motor (induction though),
so I suspect anything will be a power increase for me.

It's funny. Sometimes I think I'm the
only one with older and lower-quality
equipment and tools. Of course I'm not,
but I get into that kind of thinking anyway.

I have a very similar saw and while it's
frustrating at times, it also gets the
job done most of the time.

As time goes on and I get more serious
about the hobby, my equipment list grows
in size and quality. Never fast enough
of course. I guess a table saw is my
next thing as well.

Tanus
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the C10FL and it is a decent saw for the money but has a few
drawbacks. When I bought mine I had to adjust the bevel angle, it was off
quite a bit. Not easy. The fence is decent but clamps front and rear and
sometimes seems to pinch the wood at the rear of the blade. Dust collection
could be better. Had some vibration when running but I put a link belt on
and it went away.. I bought a Forrest blade for it and it cuts great. When
you move it the legs almost look like they are going to bend, but I put an
extension table on it so that's got something to do with it, I sure.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for the money.
No zero clearance inserts available for it.
"HerHusband" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the C10FL.

When I bought mine I had to adjust the bevel angle,
it was off quite a bit. Not easy.

I would expect to have to adjust any saw I purchase. It would be nice if
it was an easy task, but as long as it holds the adjustments I set it
won't be too much of an issue.

The fence is decent but clamps front and rear and sometimes seems
to pinch the wood at the rear of the blade.

Is the fence adjustable to avoid that? Or is it clamping down differently
each time you tighten it?

I was actually impressed by how firmly the fence on the store model
locked down. In general, is it a bad thing to have the fence clamp down
in back too?

Dust collection could be better.

Can you explain this more? I assume dust will still come out the top and
whatnot, but is it keeping the inside of the saw clean?

My current saw has NO dust collection, so again, it would be an
improvement.

Had some vibration when running but I put a link belt
on and it went away.

Vibration? HA! You ain't seen vibration till you've seen my saw running.
Anything sitting on top will vibrate along the top until it falls off
onto the floor. A new saw couldn't get much worse and still stay in one
piece.

When you move it the legs almost look like they are going to bend

I read that in a couple of other online posts too. I'll have to give the
store model another look and see how bad it is. Though I wonder if the
legs could be reinforced with brackets or plywood panels?

No zero clearance inserts available for it.

Hmm... Odd. That's one of the gripes with my current saw, everything is
non-standard so upgrading is a real pain. Can you tell how difficult it
would be to make custom inserts for the Hitachi?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for the money.

I don't have a lot of room in my garage shop, so one of the things that
has turned me away from most $500 saws is the big motor sticking off the
back of the machine. And most "hybrid" saws are well out of my budget.
So, the Hitachi's internal motor caught my eye immediately as a plus.
There seemed to be lots of things to like about the Hitachi C10FL, but it
really makes me nervous that there is so little information about it and
apparently no accessories. I'll have to look it over in more detail at
the store. Thanks for your input!

Anthony
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 2, 12:59 pm, HerHusband wrote:

I don't have a lot of room in my garage shop, so one of the things that
has turned me away from most $500 saws is the big motor sticking off the
back of the machine. And most "hybrid" saws are well out of my budget.
So, the Hitachi's internal motor caught my eye immediately as a plus.
There seemed to be lots of things to like about the Hitachi C10FL, but it
really makes me nervous that there is so little information about it and
apparently no accessories. I'll have to look it over in more detail at
the store. Thanks for your input!

I have this Jet and I love it. It the motor can be re-wired for 220
but I haven't done that yet because I have been too lazy to string a
220 line! It is heavy, stable, doesn't vibrate, has the motor
underneath, and you can find a lot of
"standard" parts.

And Rockler has it on sale for $399.99 (regular 699.99). I hope you
are near a Rockler or something, though, because shipping can be a
killer.

Here is the link: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=17903

One thing I am not thrilled to death about is the fence butt here are
enough aftermarket ones that I can get when I feel like dishing out
the cash.

All in all, I am very pleased with it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have this Jet and I love it.
Rockler has it on sale for $399.99 (regular 699.99).
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=17903

Looks like a nice saw and a great price, but it's apparently a right-tilt
which is a deal-breaker for me. I'm only interested in left tilt saws.

Thanks,

Anthony
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a 12" Hitachi miter saw and after less than 6 months of very light
hobby use, the on-off switch is sticking on.
Also the laser beam does not line up with the cut line. (I've adjusted it
many many times)
I contacted Hitachi and had very unfavorable results. This was not a cheap
saw.
I'll never buy another one of their tools.

Ron

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I have this Jet and I love it.
Rockler has it on sale for $399.99 (regular 699.99).
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=17903

Looks like a nice saw and a great price, but it's apparently a right-tilt
which is a deal-breaker for me. I'm only interested in left tilt saws.

Thanks,

Anthony

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I was browsing through Lowes last night and saw the Hitachi C10FL
tablesaw. I only looked at it briefly, but overall I was quite impressed
with it's features, and the $500 price tag didn't hurt either. (Keep in
mind, I'm currently using a cheap little 20+ year old Craftsman saw I
inherited from my Dad).

I liked:

- The motor is inside the cabinet, not hanging off the back. This would
let it fit in my garage better.

While a little less room is taken up the moror is probably a universal motor
with brushes. It will probably be considerably louder than an induction
motor that typically hangs out of a contractor saw.

- The left-tilt mechanism (I don't like right tilts).

I agree.

- The built-in wheel system for moving it around my garage.

Handy

- The fence seemed to move smoothly, it locked down tight, and the
"micro-adjust" seemed like it worked well.

The real thing to consider here is how well the fence holds its position
during use and does it lock down parallel to the blade every time. Are
measurements repeatable using the saw's fence rule?
Typically use will be the indicator.

- All controls were right up front, no leaning around the side to adjust
the bevel.

This may or may not be an advantage. Some times these more conveinent
control positions are not as reliable, easily adjusted, and or as accurate.

- The bevel angle is displayed through a little viewer on top of the
table.

I would use that scale only for indicating when you are close enough to use
an acurate measuring tool to actually set the angle.

- It ran off 120V (I don't have 220V outlets available).

Many contractors saws also run off of 120.

The one weakness I saw:

- The max rip width appears to be about 24". Probably suitable for my
needs, but it would be nice to go to 30" or so on occasion.

If you can see the need for 30" capacity now you will probably outgrow this
saw sooner than you want. Personally I'll never go less than 50" again.

However, I know features aren't everything, so I came home to do some
research online. But, I haven't been able to find much feedback on this
saw, other than a few comments on the inaccurate horsepower rating (which
I figured out on my own at the store). There don't seem to be any reviews
on the C10FL, even though it has apparently been on the market for a
couple of years now.

So, I'm curious if anyone here has used this saw and what you think of
it.

It will better than a portable circle saw but proabbly less than the typical
contractors saw.

- Does it have any dust collection features?

Really and truely that would be the least of my concerns. Accurcy and power
should matter the most followed by capacity.

- Are there any aftermarket accessories available, like zero clearance or
dado inserts, longer guide rails to extend the rip capacity, etc.?

I'm not really in the market for a saw now, and $500 is about my maximum
budget, but if the saw is really as good as it appears I might just
scrounge my penny's together and pick one up.

If you are getting a replacement saw you should really only consider a
contractors saw or better. I think you will soon out grow this saw unless
you only need something marginally better than a Skill saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

- The motor is inside the cabinet, not hanging off the back. This would
let it fit in my garage better.

OK, Nevermind, I though t we were talking a bench top. This does in deed
have an induction motor. Not a problem here AFAIK.

Snip

So, I'm curious if anyone here has used this saw and what you think of
it.

It will better than a portable circle saw but proabbly less than the
typical contractors saw.

Ok, again, ;~) this does appear to be in the contractors saw catagory
better than a bench top that I was thinking about.

If you are getting a replacement saw you should really only consider a
contractors saw or better. I think you will soon out grow this saw unless
you only need something marginally better than a Skill saw.

This saw should be a step up.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon,

While a little less room is taken up the motor is probably
a universal motor with brushes.

According to the Hitachi web site, it is a 15 amp "induction" motor.

Even my old Craftsman saw has an induction motor, though it is a direct
drive.

The real thing to consider here is how well the fence holds its
position during use and does it lock down parallel to the blade every
time. Are measurements repeatable using the saw's fence rule?
Typically use will be the indicator.

That's one of the reasons I was hoping to hear real world experiences
with the C10FL saw. Features are nice, specs are fine, but what matters
most is how it holds up in actual use.

I'm surprised there's so little feedback on this saw, considering it's
available at any Lowes and has been around a couple of years. Although,
the fact that there aren't any real complaints posted either is kind of
positive sign. People post a lot more about things they are unhappy with
than things they like.

This may or may not be an advantage. Some times these more conveinent
control positions are not as reliable, easily adjusted, and or as
accurate.

Again, that's the real world experience I was hoping for.

- The bevel angle is displayed through a little viewer on top of the
table.

I would use that scale only for indicating when you are close enough
to use an acurate measuring tool to actually set the angle.

That's the approach I use now, since the indicator on my saw is a flimsy
metal pointer that can be bent out of position easily. The indicator on
the Hitachi looked like it would be a more accurate pointer, with less
likelihood of being bumped out of place.

- It ran off 120V (I don't have 220V outlets available).

Many contractors saws also run off of 120.

Contractor saws usually have the protruding motor, or else they have the
noisy universal type motor.

If you can see the need for 30" capacity now you will probably outgrow
this saw sooner than you want. Personally I'll never go less than 50"
again.

Without lots of support tables around the saw, I wouldn't feel
comfortable trying to maneuver a large sheet of plywood across the saw
like that. I wouldn't have room to do that, even if I wanted to. I find
it much easier to use a straight edge and a circular saw to cut down
large sheets.

As for capacity, there have only been a few instances where I wish I had
more than the 24" rip capacity. Most of the time, I simply measure from
the other side of the sheet and cut "backwards" (i.e. cut off the part I
want to keep, instead of cutting off the waste)

I'm sure I would end up cutting more on the tablesaw if I had the extra
capacity, but I don't miss what I've never had...

- Does it have any dust collection features?

Really and truely that would be the least of my concerns.

I just bought a dust collector, so dust collection is currently high on
my wish list.

And yes, the C10FL has a dust port on the bottom. Probably not real
efficient collection, but it's better than nothing.

If you are getting a replacement saw you should really only consider a
contractors saw or better.

From what I can tell, the Hitachi C10FL appears to be placed somewhere
between a contractor saw and a hybrid saw.

I wasn't really in the market for a new saw, but the $500 price tag is
attractive for a saw that "appears" to have the features I'm interested
in. What really matters to me is what this saw can do that I can't do
with my current saw.

Despite the shortcomings of my current old Craftsman saw, I've built
many, many projects. But things like the small table top, excessive
vibration, height and tilt adjustments that don't lock in place, lack of
dust collection, etc. are reasons I wish I had a new saw.

Anthony

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hmm... Odd. That's one of the gripes with my current saw, everything is
non-standard so upgrading is a real pain. Can you tell how difficult it
would be to make custom inserts for the Hitachi?

Overall, I'm pr

On the cheap one I have, it's impossible - the insert is very thin,
and has connections to the table that are at different heights,

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

just had a thought... for to lowes, and look at the insert. I'll bet
it's crappy

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

Shelly,

just had a thought... for to lowes, and look at the insert. I'll bet
it's crappy

I stopped by Lowes today and took another look at the C10FL. It still looks
like a nice saw, but I wasn't as impressed today as I was the first time I
saw it. So for now, I think I'll pass on it.

I picked up a copy of Fine Woodworkings "Tools & Shops", and became
interested in the Jet JPS-10 saws. They seem to be more widely available
and a few positive reviews are out there too. But, it's a ways out of my
budget, so I may not be purchasing anything...

Anthony
Posted to rec.woodworking

HerHusband wrote:

I'm not really in the market for a saw now, and $500 is about my maximum
budget, but if the saw is really as good as it appears I might just
scrounge my penny's together and pick one up.

I second the motion to invest a couple of buck in the recent Fine
Woodworking issue which has an excellent comparison test of hybrid table
saws.

Take the time to save up and move up to something more capable like the
Woodtek.

The problem with buying an eh-ok tool is that it consumes the space and
much of the money which could have been used to get something better.

Another issue with the Hitachi is that it is an uncommon beast which
will be harder to gets parts and accessories for than some others in the
future.

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

John Horner wrote:
HerHusband wrote:

I'm not really in the market for a saw now, and $500 is about my
maximum budget, but if the saw is really as good as it appears I
might just scrounge my penny's together and pick one up.

I second the motion to invest a couple of buck in the recent Fine
Woodworking issue which has an excellent comparison test of hybrid
table saws.

Take the time to save up and move up to something more capable like
the Woodtek.

The problem with buying an eh-ok tool is that it consumes the space
and much of the money which could have been used to get something
better.

Another issue with the Hitachi is that it is an uncommon beast which
will be harder to gets parts and accessories for than some others in
the future.

If that's the one in "Tools and Shops 2008" it strikes me as falling
far short of being "excellent". There's 4 paragraphs of discussion.
They say very little about any of the saws--the main issue they
discuss in the description of each is "parallelism", which is
something that I would expect to adjust as part of the initial set up
on _any_ saw. Some discussion of how easy or hard it was to adjust
(other than "simple" or "easy") would have been very helpful. Their
measurement of the change from 0 to 45 degrees is suspect too--the
Craftsman had one of the largest changes, the Steel City (which is the
same saw under a different label) had one of the smallest, leaving one
wondering if they are seeing differences between individual saws
rather than a characteristic of the design. Other than flex they
don't say anything about the fences. They don't say what the table
material is or anything about the flatness. There's no discussion to
speak of of what's included in the way of extras.

They didn't like the Hitachi because of lack of power and because the
alignment was difficult--that's useful in ruling it out but the
article doesn't really give enough information to choose between the
others. The Woodtek looks good on paper but they don't seem to have
much of a dealer network, so it's buying unseen.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

If that's the one in "Tools and Shops 2008" it strikes me as falling
far short of being "excellent".

I did pick up a copy of Tools and Shops ($10 for a magazine! Ouch). I agree
it wasn't all that informative from a review standpoint, but it did let me
know what saws were available, what features I should be looking at, and
some of the pro's and con's of each saw.

Based on the article, the lack of accessories or parts, and the minimal
user feedback, I decided against the Hitachi saw.

The Tools and Shops article rated the Woodtek as the best buy, but two
things turn me away from that saw. First, it's a brand I've never heard of,
and is probably similar to the Hitachi for getting parts and accessories.
And second, I don't know that I want an electronic display on a power tool.
It may just be me, but a dusty environment with vibration and whatnot
doesn't seem like a reliable place to stick an electronic control. I'd fear
it failing in a few years and costing a small fortune to replace if it was
even still available.

Based on price, availability, and options for parts and accessories, the
Jet ProSaw's are kind of high on my wish list right now. I've read several
positive reviews, and the saw is available from a number of sources.

Although, the Craftsman still interests me a little too. I'll have to check
them out the next time I run to Sears.

As I mentioned in my intial post, I wasn't really looking for a new saw,
the Hitachi at Lowes just caught my attention. So I may end up getting
nothing and just make do with my current saw a few more years.

Thanks,

Anthony
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 9 2007, 12:40 am, John Horner wrote:
HerHusband wrote:

I'm not really in the market for a saw now, and $500 is about my maximum
budget, but if the saw is really as good as it appears I might just
scrounge my penny's together and pick one up.

I second the motion to invest a couple of buck in the recent Fine
Woodworking issue which has an excellent comparison test of hybrid table
saws.

Take the time to save up and move up to something more capable like the
Woodtek.

The problem with buying an eh-ok tool is that it consumes the space and
much of the money which could have been used to get something better.

Another issue with the Hitachi is that it is an uncommon beast which
will be harder to gets parts and accessories for than some others in the
future.

John

Do not buy the Hitachi C10FL!

Hitachi claims that their 10' Stationary Table Saw (Model C10FL)
produces 3 horse power. However, if you look on the right side of the
Table saw, below the table extension, you will see a little
specification plaque that states the saw uses a 120V (standard AC)
cord. This makes producing 3HP impossible, I will explain why.

Standard AC cords are limited to 15 amps of current, or about 1800
watts. At 746 watts/horsepower, and considering efficiency losses, 2
HP is all you can get, and even then the starting currents might be
tripping circuit breakers. This would bring the Hitachi's actual
power rating down to around 1.5 hp, with most of its competitors. I
would go with the Delta 36-979 for a couple reasons, other than the
fact that they lie about their power ratings.

1. The Hitachi C10FL does not have a solid cast iron table and
extensions like the Delta 36-979. The Hitachi table is cast iron, the
extension wings are not.
2. The Hitachi Table Saw, Band Saw, Drill Press, Scroll Saw, Disc
Sander, and Planer do not have the "Hitachi 5 year warranty". On the
Hitachi website it states that these items, "...are warranted to the
original purchaser to be free from defect in materials and workmanship
for a period of two (2) years from the original purchase date."

With Hitachi you are paying for power that you are not getting. I own
the Delta 36-97 and love it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,

HerHusband wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info!

My local Lowes is offering the C10FL for 500.00 with a 100.00 gift card
included.

I was wondering if it was worth consideration or not, apparently it is
not. That's probably why they're trying to dump them. Has anyone noticed
they have some Jet tools on their web site? That's a real change of
distribution channels for Jet.

I am not one to "settle" for less than what I really want in tools and
agree that an eh-ok tool will take up the same amount of floor space and
nearly as much hard earned cash as what you really wanted.

Best regards,
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 2:31*pm, Lyle Rawlins wrote:
In article
,

HerHusband wrote:

[...]

Best regards,- Hide quoted text -

I own this saw and feel that it is a great value. It is a much
better saw for the money than any other I reviewed. While it is true
that running the saw on 120V may not provide the full 3 hp, you can
wire it to single phase 220V. Mine is still set at 120 volt. I have
ripped treated lumber 3-1/2'" deep where I had to cut it part way
through, then flip it, without the saw bogging down.

One of the things that drew me to the saw was the fence. I like the
way it operates and it doesnt' get sloppy over time. In addition, I
like being able to move it around the shop using the integrated
casters.

Inserts can be problematic. I made my molding cutter and zero
clearance inserts from 0.125 aluminum. I did an extensive search and
could not find the inserts as an accesory
Regards,
Dave G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, December 1, 2007 10:46:37 AM UTC-6, HerHusband wrote:
[...]

I think I had the same Craftsman table saw, got it from a neighbor. I have the Hitachi there are only three things I don't like about it, when cutting thick material you have to go in stages instead of the blade depth, and the slightest bump on the back end of the rip fence throws the accuracy off which means you have to reset it all the time. the good news is you can replace the fence with an after market. The casters are cheap they don't lift mine off the floor anymore, they also can be replaced with after market. I've had mine for a couple years now and I'm still happy with it. The thickest I rip is 2x's does great on them much thicker and it struggles.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think you are off to a great start with investing in really good quality power tools like Hitachi. I own one after reading on really fantastic reviews (http://woodworkingtoolkit.com/hitachi-c10fl/) and no regrets so far.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
I think you are off to a great start with investing in really good quality power tools like Hitachi. I own one after reading on really fantastic reviews (
http://woodworkingtoolkit.com/hitachi-c10fl/) and no regrets so far.

Not so sure I'd agree from the review.

Cons
Right after setting this table saw up, you will notice that the Hitachi
C10FL has a movable base that is simply just a base. It moves, but it
lacks the general smoothness of a movable table saw. It is jittery at
best and any ridges on the floor will literally bend the rollers. Thats
right. It happened to many people. Which is more than weird, since
Hitachi advertised this product as a €śstationary table saw€ť.

It weighs a ton, and it makes no sense to have a table saw of this size
and weight to be movable.

This table is also a potential fire hazard. The dust collection
compartment is inside the table saw, so you visually have no idea what
it is collecting. Sawdust that enters it is hot from friction so the
risk of a fire is ever so present with this table saw model.

Furthermore, the instructions that came with the Hitachi C10FL table saw
was literally rocket science. You absolutely need sound knowledge about
the operational parts of a table saw to get it going. Not the easiest
thing in the world if youre a beginner or use your table saw for simple
cuts.

It was also fairly pricey, and nothing can justify the price of this
table saw. Absolutely nothing!

Conclusion
We feel that the features of this table was €śbeef up€ť and didnt reflect
reality, at least, for its users. Many customers quickly found their way
into a whirlpool of woes using this product. To think about it, how
could Hitachi ever have released this table saw in the first place?

Hopefully, this old model by Hitachi will be relegated to table saw
history and be nothing than a bad memory. Today, there are far superior
table saws at a fraction of the price of the Hitachi C10FL. Both your
money and time will thank you for looking the other way.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2016 9:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

LOL, the first listed "Feature"

Has a professional look. One of the things that got the Hitachi C10fl
going was its great professional look.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
I think you are off to a great start with investing in really good
quality power tools like Hitachi. I own one after reading on really
fantastic reviews (
http://woodworkingtoolkit.com/hitachi-c10fl/) and
no regrets so far.

Not so sure I'd agree from the review.

Cons
Right after setting this table saw up, you will notice that the Hitachi
C10FL has a movable base that is simply just a base. It moves, but it
lacks the general smoothness of a movable table saw. It is jittery at
best and any ridges on the floor will literally bend the rollers. That’s
right. It happened to many people. Which is more than weird, since
Hitachi advertised this product as a “stationary table saw”.

It weighs a ton, and it makes no sense to have a table saw of this size
and weight to be movable.

This table is also a potential fire hazard. The dust collection
compartment is inside the table saw, so you visually have no idea what
it is collecting. Sawdust that enters it is hot from friction so the
risk of a fire is ever so present with this table saw model.

Furthermore, the instructions that came with the Hitachi C10FL table saw
was literally rocket science. You absolutely need sound knowledge about
the operational parts of a table saw to get it going. Not the easiest
thing in the world if you’re a beginner or use your table saw for simple
cuts.

It was also fairly pricey, and nothing can justify the price of this
table saw. Absolutely nothing!

Conclusion
We feel that the features of this table was “beef up” and didn’t reflect
reality, at least, for its users. Many customers quickly found their way
into a whirlpool of woes using this product. To think about it, how
could Hitachi ever have released this table saw in the first place?

Hopefully, this old model by Hitachi will be relegated to table saw
history and be nothing than a bad memory. Today, there are far superior
table saws at a fraction of the price of the Hitachi C10FL. Both your
money and time will thank you for looking the other way.

LOL, the first listed "Feature"

Has a professional look. One of the things that got the Hitachi C10fl
going was its great professional look.

It should have a great professional look. After all, "The C10FL is
not an affordable saw.".

OTOH, he did get at least three hits on his lame web site.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 10:05:36 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

Really? Table saw sawdust is hot enough to start a fire? Maybe that guy
needs a new blade. ;-)

That would be prefect for one of those 3AM infomercials. Right after
the guy with the ketchup stained shirt gets done fighting with his
tangled garden hose and bumping his shin because he couldn't turn
the light on, he can put out the fire under his table saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/15/16 9:45 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 10:05:36 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
This table is also a potential fire hazard. The dust collection
compartment is inside the table saw, so you visually have no idea what
it is collecting. Sawdust that enters it is hot from friction so the
risk of a fire is ever so present with this table saw model.

Really? Table saw sawdust is hot enough to start a fire? Maybe that guy
needs a new blade. ;-)

Yeah, I think that guy might have the blade on backwards. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

Well actually and even with a new blade a board can warp enough in the cut
to bind and slow moving the work through the completion of the cut. This
is one reason that some blade manufacturers add a non stick coating too the
body of the blade, a party of the blade that ideally should never touch the
wood.
And since many TS's are used to cut constructing grade material it is
difficult to find material that is not bowed or warped to some degree.

If you end up with burn marks on a cut it was hot enough and not all of
that burn remained on the board.
Does it happen often, I have only seen smoldering under the saw a time or
two in 35 years and I took steps to insure that the smoldering did not
catch fire but there was smoke coming out of the saw/base.

That would be prefect for one of those 3AM infomercials. Right after
the guy with the ketchup stained shirt gets done fighting with his
tangled garden hose and bumping his shin because he couldn't turn
the light on, he can put out the fire under his table saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

If that's the case, then the review is accurate in terms of "it could
happen". However, to be fair, the claim really should be modified to read:

"This table is also a potential fire hazard, as are all table saws."

"The 2016 Ford Monte Civic is an unsafe vehicle because a wheel could
fall off." Factually true, but misleading none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqYF3G6GT8w

That would be prefect for one of those 3AM infomercials. Right after
the guy with the ketchup stained shirt gets done fighting with his
tangled garden hose and bumping his shin because he couldn't turn
the light on, he can put out the fire under his table saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

Precisely! And they totally missed fact that you could cut your finger
off. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

What's the takeaway, that Russian quality control is even worse than
Chinese or that Russians need to be introduced to the concept of
"lugnuts"?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bluesky9
I know this link was started 10 years ago, but here is what I found:
My wife and I have owned and used this saw for more than 10 years. I am very happy with it. The wheels have not fallen off; the top is very solid, even the metal extensions. Yes, I do need to adjust the rip fence but that is necessary on every saw.
Saw dust can and does build up, to a point, but my 4 inch vacuum hose does a good job of keeping the dust out of the air. Very little gets on the table top.
Some folks complained about the legs and table weight. I have never had a problem, but I only move the saw a foot or two maybe a few times a year. When setting on the legs, the saw is very stable.
We have never had a power problem. A lot of our cutting is seasoned white oak- hard as hell! Two inch boards go right through the blade. Of course soft pine cuts a lot faster.
Over all, we like the saw and it is in as good of condition today at 10 years ago.
Bluesky9