C Cole

Default Heart Warming Story__Working with wood (Humor)

This story was sent to me, I do not know who the author was not did the
person that sent it to me
CC

This is truly a heartwarming story about the bond formed between a
little girl and some construction workers. This makes you want to believe in
the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day
a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty
lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in
all the activity going on next-door and started talking with the
workers.

She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them
gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project
mascot.
They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee
and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her
feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a
pay envelope containing a dollar.

The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the
appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the dollar pay
she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed with the
story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check
at such a young age.

The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a crew
building a house."

"My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on
the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those useless sons-a-bitches at
Home Depot ever bring us any drywall that's worth a ****!"

CW

I did. Remember it from the last time someone posted it.

"Mark" wrote in message
th.net...

Did NOT see that one coming.
--
Mark

Leon

I remember it too but it is one of the better ones..

"CW" wrote in message
I did. Remember it from the last time someone posted it.

"Mark" wrote in message
th.net...

Did NOT see that one coming.
--